Reptisun Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little D

Hatchling Member
Just curious, what's the difference between a T8 and a T12 Reptisun 10? I've always ordered my 36" Reptisun 10's from the same place but for some reason, this time I got the T8's instead of the T12's. Do I need to bring these back and get the T12's or can I just use the T8's?

Only thing I really see different is the diameter of them but I want to make sure that I'm going to get the same out put of UV as the T12's

Thanks

Frito

Hatchling Member
everyone is moving to T8 because its more efficient, T8 bulbs of the same length output the same light as a T12 but take less power to run for example a 48" T12 is 40 watts and a 48" T8 is 32-36 watts

the pin layout is identical and T8 bulbs will fit into T12 fixtures and can work with them but their life may be shortened by doing so esp if you have a magnetic ballast. simple solution if its a commercial type fixture that has a replaceable ballast just go to the hardware store and buy a new electronic ballast for your fixture :)

Little D

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay, thanks for the reply Frito. Just thought I better ask to be on the safe side ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom