Reptisun 10.0 coming up on 6 months...Calcium powder fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramthree

I don't know if this belongs in the Health section or Enclosures but here it goes.
When I set up El Scorcho's enclosure I made sure to do everything according to what is advised on this forum and six months later Scorcho has grown big and strong.
One mistake I made though was buying Calcium Powder WITH D3.
I know that D3 poisoning is a real issue so I refrained from giving him that calcium on a regular basis.
Now that I'm about to hit the six month mark on the Reptisun Bulb I'm wondering if I can make up for the lost efficiency by supplementing every meal with this calcium powder with D3 and hold off on switching out the bulb for a few more months. What do you think?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
If it is a t8 replace it now. If it is a t5 you still have 6 months to go. Without proper UVB he can't absorb the calcium anyway. If you don't use that powder, get some without d3 and use it.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Are you supplementing with plain calcium? Calcium deficiencies are MUCH more common than VitD3 overdosage.

IMO use a good light (T5) that you keep replaced properly (or use a solarmeter) and a supplement with low or no D3. it's guess work enough as it is and it's unclear how well dietary D3 is metabolized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom