Reptisun 10.0/Arcardia 12% in stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I buy either of these in stores or are they only available online? I have a 60" long tank so I figure I need around a 45" tube and fixture.

I seen a youtube video on mounting it inside tank that the guy used 3m command picture hooks and put it right on the back side of glass.

Does the tube need to point down. Meaning does it need to come from above or is it ok to mount on the side like that?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can buy the reptisuns in most petstores, I don't believe Arcadias have made it to any petstores in the states yet.

The biggest reptisun goes is a 48'' bulb, which is what you will want.

Mounting it inside the tank is actually ideal. Mounting it on top of the tank means the screen mesh it sits on will be filtering out a large % of the uvb output.

You want the bulb mounted inside the tank, and have it 6-8 inches away from the basking surface.

-Brandon

schwemermatt

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply. About the 6-8 " distance. My tank is 25" tall. His basking spot is now 12" or so up. So that makes space between light and basking spot well over 8". Do I need to get his spot higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom