reptilefood.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midori8

hello all!

i just recently ( yesterday) bought 2,000 crickets from reptilefood.com which ended up being not exactly what i wanted. so first of all i needed to check one thing, if they would deliver! it's COLD here like maybe 25 or so? and i know most places won't even ship because it's cold ( i tried one place and they canceled my order because it was to cold) i contacted reptilefood.com and they said it shouldn't be a problem so i went ahead and bought 2,000 crickets, was 22 dollars? plus 22 shipping( overnight) and whatever charges so it was a good 56 bucks.

well i wake up bright and early cause i know fedex likes to show up at the crack of dawn, and bam! there's my box. BIG box, so i open it...and the first thing to hit me was the SMELL. i have delt years of having crickets and well i know there smelly but this was BAD. so i open it and there are 3 boxes. then there was 4 heating packs all giving off alot of heat. well the 3 boxes all marked for 1,000 crickets..so i got 3,000? wasn't going to complain! well least i thought....they were also marked " prewing" which is what i wanted....well wanted.

so i start opening the boxes knowing the crickets will be "Sleeping" and to get them ready to dump in the warm tank i had set up already. as i am dumping the crickets in i notice alot and i mean ALOT where dark brown even black. some looked like they been there for ages. just really nasty looking. they looked like they had been in the box a while . the potatoes in there where all coverd in poop and smelled awful. the boxes where coverd in poop and smeared dead crickets. there where bodies that where all black with limbs missing, there where rotten ones all mushed up. then maybe one or two crickets where moving. all 3 boxes where like this. just nasty !

so with my nose curled up i watch them closely to see if there is any movement. there is! so i hope there is at least SOMETHING. well i waited a few hours and there were only....i counted....40 crickets. out of the 3,000! yikes. the "prewing" crickets where ALL HUGE adults! i mean huge crickets.

so i contact reptilefood.com right after and i hit send for the e-mail and it wasn't even 5 mins when they replied. telling me they where deeply sorry and there sending a replacement TODAY to arrive tomorrow. which is great they got back to me so fast and are willing to ship again. now.. i hope there not like this again! it's like they boxed up the crickets and just left them there on shelf or whatever awaiting shipment cause it was so bad with the deaths. there is no way they put them in fresh the way the box looked =\

figured i would share my experience has any one else had a better luck with them? i hope so cause i have 11 hungry beardies to feed!

cbudelier

I ended up with a couple of bad shipments from them because my first two orders were made just before a blizzard and then a major cold spell :banghead:
In both cases, I have had no problems getting replacement shipments, usually with more than I originally ordered. Because of their quick, 'no questions asked' replacement policy, I'm still a satisfied customer :D

chillinspike

Hatchling Member
Hmm that sucks, sorry to hear about that, atleast they will be shipping you a new shipment, and you have 11 beardies, wow :shock: thats alot, how long do you think 2000 criks will last with 11 beardies

Midori8

Original Poster
2,000 crix usually last alittle under a month. i also do silkworms, superworms, collard greens, goliath worms,roaches, basiclly anything buggy or salad lol they'll all eat it up. there is a monthly reptile expo here thankfully so i buy alot of my stuff there. but when i was there last i was in such a rush i grabbed 2,000 5/8" instead of 3/4th! ooops so these tiny little crickets where eatten up as if they where candy lol took one week!
so i had to find a place , hopefully the crickets will be good and healthy. i was actually surprised they just took my word for it when i said hey bad shipment, i took photos just incase but they never said anything. well there on there way we'll see how this goes.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry you had a bad experience. Others onhere have recommended premiumcrickets.com. However they WILL NOT ship if your temps are in the 20's. They will ship out when they feel it is okay to do so (so in the meantime I am stuck with paying 8-10 cents a cricket around here) Ours is eating close to 100 every 2 1/2 days (sometimes it will last until the 3rd day)
And that is just one baby beardie about 7-10 weeks old.

I had an experience recently with reptilefood.com and I only bought 500 but when I got them there was like 50 alive. I e-mailed them and received the same response they sent them out the next day and almost all were alive. They also told me that they send 20% more in case some die you have extra. I think they are a good company and do not try and scam you.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
I've always been pleased with reptilefood. I used to order from lllreptile, and just tried reptile food for the heck of it one time. Their crix (and supers) seemed so much more healthier than the ones I got from LLL and I had only a couple DOA'a (and those were squashed by the enclosed potatoes). Of course, I didn't order them in the dead of winter.
Glad to hear they were quick to respond and that they are trying to do right by you.

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
munchkins9802":d6f17 said:
Sorry you had a bad experience. Others onhere have recommended premiumcrickets.com. However they WILL NOT ship if your temps are in the 20's. They will ship out when they feel it is okay to do so (so in the meantime I am stuck with paying 8-10 cents a cricket around here) Ours is eating close to 100 every 2 1/2 days (sometimes it will last until the 3rd day)
And that is just one baby beardie about 7-10 weeks old.

Premium Crickets is decent, but like you said, under 20F anytime during the shipment, they will not ship unless you do not want to be guaranteed. After you place your order, there is no canceling or getting a refund. I had a disaster with this last time I ordered with them and had to hand over even more money to get them to ship overnight (I can generally do 2 day). I won't be doing business with them in the winter ever again - I hate being told I can't have a refund, especially when I used PayPal (which costs them nothing refund).

I've used Ghann's for awhile for crickets and never had any problems as well. I've seen a few issues with reptilefoods.com, but never ventured far enough to try them. My biggest problem is finding a supplier that sells everything I need in bulk.

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
I never had a bad experience with them. When I fed the dragons crix, I always ordered from there.

Midori8

Original Poster
yeah i was going to go with premium and Ghann but like you said they won't ship if it's under 25 degrees. which stinks but i understand why because there is a less likely chance they will arrive alive.

WELL reptilefood.com sent me my crickets and i got them yesterday morning i knew there was a good sign cause when i placed my ear against the container i could here a hummmmmm which means there alive! i was surprised cause i contacted reptilefood that they should wait until thursday to ship cause wednesday night was FREEZING like 10-8 degrees and i figured no way they could make it...but they did! looks like ALL of them made it surprisingly. there where some dead in there that looked like old dead crickets cause they where black. but i couldn't be more happier and my babies! everyone was so happy to see crickets. i was alittle caught off guard cause they didn't send me a tracking number so i wasn't up when the fedex man arrive but when i heard him knock i got up right away just incase anything happend. but thankfully nope!

thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom