Reptile holiday home

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just bought Eric the dragon, but we are going away on holiday in June, we have discovered that we have a reptile rescue centre just near our house and they offer a holiday home type service for reptiles (like taking your dog/cat to the kennels) - I was just wondering if anyone has used this kind of service? I think I will feel more comfortable leaving him with these guys rather than friends or family that know nothing about reptiles.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How long will you be gone, and do you know a person that would take care of him ? I have read a few posters that had bad experiences with boarding. Their dragons came back with URI's, mites and/ or lost weight. I just wanted to mention that to you. Both scenarios have their risks, but I would be leary of a boarding place. If the place you have in mind looks very clean and you can get some reliable references from other beardie owners, that could help your decision.

Ericthedragon

Original Poster
We had my husbands parents in mind for looking after him, but they are away for the first week too, we are going over to France for two weeks.

We plan to go and look around at the place first and they are on Facebook so I'll see if I can get some references.

it says that the local police force use them etc so hopefully they are ok.

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely check them out first.

( I said to the hubby that I have visions of them loosing him and trying to pass another Lizard off as our Eric!)

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
.....( I said to the hubby that I have visions of them loosing him and trying to pass another Lizard off as our Eric!).....

Can't happen! All beardies are unique in color, pattern design, markings, ect. You'll know your Eric, look in his eyes! :D
Amanda

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i would definitely go and take a tour of the place, try searching for reviews of the place. if anything bad happened there someone will have reviewed it.

some herp vets also board your lizards, but i heard they charge a lot of money.

Ericthedragon

Original Poster
I think the hubby parents have said they can have him now as they aren't away when we are, and his mum works at a vets so I'll knowhe's in good hands.

I'll definitely do some research though I case we need to use them in the future. We are going away in our VW Campervan and I wanted to get a built in vivarium for Eric but the hubby said no hahaha.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stihlgirl
Top Bottom