reptiGLO 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lcbova85

ive heard these are better than sum, but not as good as the reptiSUN 10.0. i like the light and its on one side of my tank and not the other, so she can walk away from it if she wants. is there a way i can counteract the GLO 10.0? or do i need too> i have boughten so may lgihts with what i can afford, would a GLO 8.0 be better? please help. sorry for posting so many questions.

Seven65

Juvie Member
From what I've heard the 8.0 would be better. But you're much better off with a reptisun 10.0 or a mercury vapour bulb. You do mean a flourecent tube right?

AlanHJ

Juvie Member
Apperently, if you put a bright white light beside the reptiglo 10.0, the chance of a problem is greatly reduced, but it's probably just safer and easier to get a different bulb. Mercury Vapours are good I hear

Lennifer

Juvie Member
The ReptiGlo10 is NOT a good light! The best recomended UVB lights are...The ReptiSun 10 or the ReptiGlo 8.

~Sandy

Lennifer

Juvie Member
Hey,

U said the UVB lighting that u currently have is only on one side of the tank? Is it a coil light or a long tube? If it is a coil light, it can be extremely dangerous & i would recomend replacing it asap. If u have a tube light (ReptiSun 10 or ReptiGlo 8), & it is not long enough to stretch across the entire enclosure, that is ok...just be sure to make sure the UVB is on the same side as the basking light so that your beardie can benefit from both at the same time.

~Sandy

Lennifer

Juvie Member
I'm sorry...I don't know how the smiley got in there in the above post! lol

It should say ReptiGlo 8....not ReptiGlo 8) haha!

~Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom