Reptiglo 10.0 and lazy bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy86

Hello,I am new to the fourm and have a few to many qustions about my new guy spud!
I have only had him for about a mount and a half .got him and cage from a man who did not have the time to care for him. The man has had a reptiglo 10.0 compact for his whole life (3 years)
I have herd that the compacts are realy bad and i know one of the best would be reptisun 10.0 tube but i live in canada and i am finding it nearly imposinly to find one. I can get him a reptiglo 10.0 tube if it would be Better

The real problem is his behavior, he was always really lazy but now he will close his eyes a lot and go and sleep in the shade in the middle of the day! I am probbly just paranoid be i want to know if you think it is burmation or his UVB

His cage is 45 gal
He is 3 and full grown
100 basking temp and 75 cool side
Gets veggies every morn with calcium powder
Mon,wed and fri gets about 20 crickets dusted with calcium and once a week multivitanin
Bath 2 times a week

Any help would be apreciated just want my litle guy to be healthy

Froggy86

Original Poster
So no reptiglo got it! What about him being lazy do you think its birmation and i have read articles about reptiglos being fixed are those false?

Thanks soooo much
Rachel

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
The reptiglo can be causing the lazyness because he wants to keep his eyes closed and stay out of the light, but at his age he could also be trying to brumate. Does he have a hide in the enclosure he can go in? That is usually where they will go to brumate.

Froggy86

Original Poster
Yes,he does have a hide but thats not where he is he is in the shade under his baking wood.
He is usauly lazy but now every few day he will just sleep all day, he is still eating and drinking
But for the whole time i have had him he only poos every 4 days?

Froggy86

Original Poster
So I am going to go a head and get the reptisun but if it really burmation is there any thing i can do to help or should I let him be? Also how do you insall reptisun?

Thanks!

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
You can buy the fixture at walmart. (under counter fixture) it is called then use 3M command hooks to attach it to the inside of the enclosure if you are using an aquarium if it is a custom one made of wood you can just screw it on. As for the brumation, if it is in fact that then just make sure he has an empty belly before he goes to sleep for a long period of time (food will rot in their stomach), Havoc was down for 2 1/2 months. You will still need to take him out atleast once a week to give him a bath to keep him hydrated too.

Froggy86

Original Poster
Thank you soooo much, i have ordered reptisun and bought the fixture so all i need to do now is wait!
I figure the once i have the new bulb and he is still lazy and its just burmation, other wise i think he will be much happier now!

Thanks Again :D :mrgreen: :D

Froggy86

Original Poster
Well, reptisun is not here and spud just stopped eating! :cry:
Do you think this means any thing else?
I just want a happy healthy beardie :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom