Repti worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynchy217

hey, so i got a bunch of repti worms, and my baby loves them. I had to leave this weekend for a couple days and left some extra worms in there for her while i was gone. When I got back I realized a lot of them had molted and turned black...and my beardie doesnt like the black ones for some reason. Are molted repti worms safe for them to eat? (i cant see why they wouldnt be). Also I dont really want to deal with a bunch of soldier flies. how long to they take to turn into flies after theyve molted?

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
http://www.reptiworms.com/info.php?faqs&faqs_id=9&sid=2bqnfjq96v0r0lgqk3rn15rq03

From the website:

Some of my worms are dark brown/black. Is there something wrong?
No, the worms naturally start turning brown/black as they are preparing to change into a fly. This is actually when they have the most calcium. They can still be fed when they turn brown/black and can be fed even when they turn into a fly.

So the black ones are great, if you can get him (him?) to eat them. :)

As for how long before they turn into flies... I would imagine you could go back to keeping the darker ones cool, and I assume they would go back into dormancy? Not sure about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom