repti-glo vs repti-sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant find the reptiSUN anywhere in my area. Is the repti glo really as bad as ppl say it is? its what my dragons been using for the last 2 years, and i didnt even know that they went bad so it looks like im in the market for a new one.

If repti glo is soo bad, what else is out there besides repti sun that is good for the beardies?

Dragonpuff

I just thought I'd share that I was using the Repti-glo 10.0 for my sub-adult dragon, and though I didn't see any health problems, I switched over to Repti-Sun 10.0 and within 24 hours, he was perkier and more active than I have ever seen him! I chose to do this on the advice of the breeder I originally purchased him from. I'd say with confidence that the Repti-sun has made a difference.

Sarah26

AnimalKingdom":37vck51o said:
I cant find the reptiSUN anywhere in my area. Is the repti glo really as bad as ppl say it is? its what my dragons been using for the last 2 years, and i didnt even know that they went bad so it looks like im in the market for a new one.

If repti glo is soo bad, what else is out there besides repti sun that is good for the beardies?

reptiglo 5 and 8 are too weak, reptiglo 10 is harmfull to their eyes. In conclusion reptiglo should be avoided at all costs.
I live in UAE (dubai), and the only lights they sell are reptiglo, so I trullllly get you... But what I did is payed a lot more to purchase via online. I'm still waiting for the lights to arrive.

Where do you live?

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Actually as far as I know Repti-Glo 8.0 is an OK bulb BUT they discontinued them.

I also had to order in my Repti Sun 10.0
Check with your local pet store, MOST petstores carry Zoo Med products and can probably order it in for you.

Sarah26

Momto3boys":bv66g627 said:
Actually as far as I know Repti-Glo 8.0 is an OK bulb BUT they discontinued them.

I also had to order in my Repti Sun 10.0
Check with your local pet store, MOST petstores carry Zoo Med products and can probably order it in for you.

They only sell reptiglo. It sucks regardless!
I ordered Mega- Ray lights which happen to be the best bulbs in the market:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom