Reptar gave me a huge scare! still shaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i took Reptar out just a few minutes ago to hold him, and he had major stress marks. prob cuz he was basking. and he kept trying to climb out of my hand. and he jumped out of my hand and fell almost 4 feet to the carpet where he bounced and flailed for 1 second. It scared the living daylights out of me.

Then when i set him back in his cage, he ran and ran into the glass. I think he's just scared right now, or on major alert. And he seems very jumpy. Like i tried picking him back up again and he would try to jump out of my hand. Im going to let him chill out.

He took quite a fall, i hope he's all right.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
one of my dragons took that same fall, except higher ('cause I'm 6' 6") from my shoulder aaaaall the way down to the wooden deck. I instinctively shot my foot out and it softened the blow from the wooden deck, but it was still scary. He didn't break anything and wasn't really phased at all by it. (probably because he knew it was his fault lol)

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Oh my! That must have been really scary. Just keep an eye on him for the next few days for any swelling or discolouration, or movement issues.

GarinGazelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He calmed down now that he pooped(which has been runny the last couple times, so im going to try and get a fecal done). Hes not as jumpy, but now darker in color and stress marks appear more often. I think it just stressed him out.

GarinGazelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They are the black lines on the under part of their body. like look in my sig on the left picture. those black lines are "stress marks". but they come out for a numerous amount of reasons, not just stress.

GarinGazelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Pretty much not normal. Not jumpy. wont try to climb out of my hand when im taking him out of his cage.

He's only jumpy when he sees me dump the crickets into his feeding tank. like earlier today, he saw me dump them. and his tail went straight up and he ran into the glass so excited(not very hard). and he almost climbed out of my hand when i was putting him in there lol

theimmortaljedi

Hatchling Member
They are the black lines on the under part of their body. like look in my sig on the left picture. those black lines are "stress marks". but they come out for a numerous amount of reasons, not just stress.

Don't some just have blacklines?

GarinGazelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dont think so. at least not on their belly. their belly turns milky white when sleeping(at least mines does). you can faintly see the black lines pretty much all the time though.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Ah, he is trying to give you an ulcer. Sounds like he learned his lesson about skydiving without a parachute though. Glad to hear he is feeling better. Think my heart skipped a beat or two a couple times when Scorch pulled a similar trick. Lil ones are fearless divers.

sittser

Hatchling Member
my litlie tatsu trys to jump out of my hand all the time(i think i handled him to sone wene i frist brot him home)im mesring him all the time.i think it freks him out plus hes so curios.i hope your bd is ok :mrgreen:

GarinGazelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah he's fine.

Im sad though.

Im leaving for camping today and i wont be back till next saturday and our family friend is watching him. He's only 3 months. I mean she's had geckos before but still, he's my baby.

She said she'll give me daily updates though, so im happy :)

OH AND, when we were driving over to her house last night(its like 10 minutes away) He was standing on my knee with his upper arms holding up his body so he could try and see outside. I think he was trying to puff his beard because there was a ridge thing where I think there beard is and it looked larger than normal.

But is he still to young to puff his beard? it was quite funny though.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
But is he still to young to puff his beard? it was quite funny though.
I think the first time I saw Scorch puff her beard she was about 4 mo. old. At the time her viv sat on my bar counter and had a view out to the covered porch. She loved to look out the window but anytime someone would walk by her window she would get serious attitude like, "Hey what are you doing blocking my view budy??" It is funny to see them puff up trying to look all tough when they're still so small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom