reptaid may not be working, time for the vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

momohobobobo

Hatchling Member
so my 7 month old beardie has been having a hard time with parasites. I am about half way through with my second session of reptaid and his progress isn't as great as i had hoped. He is eating only a little more and his poop only seems a little better. Do you think i should go for a third treatment before the vet or just get him in soon? I just really want to avoid all the harsh medicine, I've heard so many horror stories about it. Is there anything else that may be causing him to not want to eat? also he has stress marks a lot, the only time he looks clear is right out of his bath. He is still active, just doesn't look quite right and isn't eating well.

Sheranne

Have you had a fecal done to check what kind of parasites and what the levels are?

My beardie has been through 2 rounds of Albon for coccidia, and he didn't have any problems with it at all....never lost his appetite and did not get dehydrated, so not all beardies have trouble with it, if that makes you feel any better!

If you haven't had his stool checked by a vet, I would definitely do that, just to see what the results are, and then you can decide how you want to proceed.

Good luck to you and your beardie. Dealing with parasites is no fun!!

momohobobobo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i actually haven't taken him in yet... I know thats bad :? he had every sign of parasites so i went with reptaid first. I'll take him in after this second treatment for sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom