Reptaid Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah26

I would like to write a testimonial to Reptaid XL.It's a lil long but I can't simplify it:

It was difficult to determine whether Reptaid was helping my one year old male bearded dragon- Senyales, or not since he wasn't sick or anything when I started using Reptaid. The reason I purchased it is that I was convinced for a long time that Senyales had a minor respiratory infection…i even posted on here more than once, on my fears of him having a RI... He makes puffing noises sometimes, and that’s his way of showing character; however he used to over do it before I use Reptaid and had a very low appetite which really worried me. None of the vets I went to diagnosed him with it and told me the only way I can find out for sure whether he has a RI or not is through various tests, including an X-ray, I did the X- ray, and it wasn’t enough to pin point the problem, but the vets advised me not to do anymore tests or give him anti biotic ‘just in case’ he has RI as it is very invasive and can do more harm than good, therefore they always sent me home, but I couldn't shake the feeling away. It was very minor, which is why it wasn’t noticeable to the vets, but I still thought it was there. (Let me point out that these vets I’m talking about are very skilled, and have helped Senyales before so it’s no fault of their own)… SO I decided to order Reptaid. After using it for 20 days with a 2 day break in between the 10 day recommended period, the noises he made which made me think it was a RI decreased so much, and his appetite increased! He just became a happier dragon, and made me a MUCH happier mom in return! I can now tell whether the noise he makes is him showing some character or something to worry about! The only questionable part of Reptaid was that it made him thirsty during and after for a week or so, he would drink out of water a cap, and his water bowl which is unusual for him- but that's all! Having said that, I will definitely be a returning customer, and in my honest opinion having Reptaid is not an option; it's a requirement for all reptile keepers; it's for the safety of your reptiles, and soooo worth every penny… I wish I knew earlier instead of spending so much money at the vet’s for a problem only Reptaid solved! (Not saying you should substitute vet care with Reptaid ofc! I still have check ups for him, and will continue to.)

Thank you for this amazing product:)

sarah

agilitygirl

Hatchling Member
What is the difference between the less than 250 gram dosage or the over 250 gram dosage? I know that they are for different size animals. Do you think that the over 250 grams would be good for a 17 inch male dragon that is 1 year old? I dont know which one to get since i dont have a gram scale.

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
Its only a size difference. The heavier the reptile the more volume you need. If you only have one dragon Id get the small one, you never end up using the whole thing.

Sarah26

agilitygirl":35du2stg said:
What is the difference between the less than 250 gram dosage or the over 250 gram dosage? I know that they are for different size animals. Do you think that the over 250 grams would be good for a 17 inch male dragon that is 1 year old? I dont know which one to get since i dont have a gram scale.

It would be best if you get a scale, as Reptaid can't be meaured by age, rather by weight ie grams. Once you get a scale you can visit their website, reptaid.com and check the correct dosages according to grams.

Good luck.

I been using this product and today is my second day with treatment. Am just not understanding how much to give my dragons are 25-35 grams and I just use three drops is that underdosing the treatment. What is the risk of overdosing a dragon with this product. Because the past two days my dragons barely pooped so would it say in there systems then. Any advice would be appreciated and they look alot better lately but the product may lack there eating with what I noticed. They favorite things are being eaten in tiny amounts then dozens like before.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
If I remember correctly, if they are that small, you should dilute a drop with water in the syringe that comes with the reptaid to make it better for them to handle.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just ordered some reptaid for my adult Naughtica. I will get before and after pictures up but I won't be able to get vet work done on Naughtica before and after, maybe I might be able to get an after but we will see.

I've read through this whole thread before and I think I remember seeing the question asked, but does it need to be refrigerated if it hasn't been opened yet?

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just to clarify though, if i don't have it opened, it doesn't need to be refrigerated? Like say can I leave it in my house still in its box for a week or so before I open it?

-Brandon

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Yes, you can. From what I remember, it's shelf life, unopened, is like 4 years and doesn't have to be refrigerated until it's opened, then it's only good for one year.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
you're welcome! I'm sorry it took me soo long to get back to you. When I got home from church I couldn't get on to this site until recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom