(Renamed) Buttercups thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well me and Buttercup just took a walk, hoping to get her some sun but the sillyclouds disagreed. While I was out today I bought Buttercup a new sleeping area...hopefully. It's bigger than the other one. (right side cave)

Here is a pic of her viv for about 3 more days till I go get the exo terra.

Caught her in mid dubia roach :p

Please ignore the terrible construction paper background D=

She likes to hold onto my watch...

And sneaking in a pic of the new Leo *cough*

Ok, I'm pictured out for now.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
And here is Crosby...

Yeah Buttercups back has been ready for about 2 days. hasnt burst yet though.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Buttercup is like Rubio and he's 5 yrs old, but still hates baths. He just won't move at all while in the water and will hold onto his poop until he's back in his tank, little bum. She sure is ready to explode, bet she'll be so glad to get that shed off. Can't wait to see her new colours. Loved the pic of her leaning off her hide to get at her roaches, Leo does that sometimes, too, so funny :lol:

Your leos are really cute, so colourful!

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes she hates bathtime. Still no back shed today. I just pimped Buttercups home, so she is a bit cranky at the moment.

As of right now, I hate it. The tile "should" fit, and doesnt. And it looks so empty. As you can see Buttercup in the background, she is still a bit thrown off by her basking spot being on the right side of the tank now. I'm currently waiting to see if the basking temp is going to be affected in anyway. She hasnt moved from the top of her new cave yet. But she should inspect everything soon I'd think. I guess I'm going to have to order some new decorations to make it not look so empty. Any of you wonderful ladies feel free to give advice on interior decorating :p

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The tiles not fitting drive me nuts. 36x12x18 should be 3 12x12 and and 6 6x6's darn it! lol.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
noelerhard":274688s3 said:
I think some plant life would really brighten up the tank, even if it is fake.

Yeah I agree. It just seems so barren now and open. I was looking on lllreptile and petmountain, but I can decide anything to order.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have minimal furniture in my tanks and they prefer that, as that gives them lots of space to wander from one side to the other. They have a basking spot, hide and a rock to lean on, and food dish and that's it. So see how she reacts to the changes first before you put anything else in. I like it, but then I'm a minimalist when it comes to décor. I also found out that my dragons go on strike when I change anything in their tanks. When I clean them out, they sniff and lick and glare at me if anything is out of place, so I learned early on that they like things to stay the same all the time, at least mine do.

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
I measured out the inside of Spikes viv and after I purchased the tile it didn't fit either. I took it to Lowes and they cut it for me free of charge.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Spikeshuman":7ms04ja8 said:
I measured out the inside of Spikes viv and after I purchased the tile it didn't fit either. I took it to Lowes and they cut it for me free of charge.

That is a very good idea!

Buttercup after her bath in the "That's right, i run this!" pose

Edit: Shortly after this pic she was glass dancing and wanting to come back out. We went out and got about 10 minutes of sun and I was actually able to measure her. She is 13 inches now, and I'm assuming she is about 4 and a half months old. Doing the math in my head i got her on april 6th, and I was assuming she was about 4 to 6 weeks then. So if I add 6 weeks to 3 months..4 and a half months old sounds good to me lol.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I havent updated this in awhile! First things first. We had a scare last week, Was outside with Buttercup and my daughter, and she jumped off my shoulder and ran into the woods. Almost lost her..but a little neighbor boy who was more nimble than me got her out of the woods literally. Went and bought a harness the next day lol.

I also got her viv "done" except for the floor. I think I need to go buy a bunch of 6 x 6 tile instead of the 12x12 to make it fit right. But at any rate, pictures!

Left side of tank (ignore her eating her new order of dubia that came in minutes before :p)

Right side:

Whole tank:

and obligatory Buttercup:

There. I think that catches everybody up to speed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom