(Renamed) Buttercups thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I did but the last pic I took of her was with my kiddo. I'll get some up tomorrow. my 2 geckos eat out of a dish, as does my beardie. I've never hand fed. Maybe I am blessed? lol

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You are blessed with Buttercups. Titan is new, so he has always eaten out of dishes, but when my hubby was alive he hand fed the others and when you start hand feeding dragons, they don't go back to eating on their own, ever, as I learned after hubby passed away 2 years ago. So now I have a schedule of hand feeding because I still work full-time, have to get up xtra early to get all this done, but I love them all and they're all worth the time. It's easier on the weekends, though, have to say...

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm very sorry to hear about your husband :( I have a few pics of the leo's, but no beardie the past week. If she is done shedding tomorrow I'll post some. and maybe sneak a few of the leos for you too :D

edit: 5 Beardies? I'd die and likely live in a box...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That would be great! I really enjoyed the ones you posted a little while ago of Buttercups and your daughter.
And I just love leos!

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also i thought I'd run into you on the geckoforums, but it was Morphmom. My apologies!

My daughter is a goober. She sits and watches buttercup beside the computer alot. Buttercup is technically "hers" but yeah..she's mine :p Won't it be funny if Buttercup turns out to be a guy?

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Hello again :D sweetiepie9 (Deb) and I are often found on the same threads. Same with zandi202 (Liz) We just have good taste :lol: Buttercup looks great. If she turned out to be a he, then you could always name him B.C. :wink: Myah came to me as a Malcolm! :shock: It only took a few days for me to figure out he was a she! Then the vet confirmed it. She's moody like a girl too! :p Can't wait for more pics, and you have a beautiful daughter :D

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! Both daughter and beardie are both mad at me. I'm a mean old man for having the kiddo help me clean and buttercup for bath time.

Ok, whew...he walked past the sink..

You tricked me! I am so mad at you!

As you can tell by the stinkeye. Buttercup HATES bathtime. She'll get over it, though I'm sure :D

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think her crankiness is due to the shed of her face and back in all honesty. But she hates baths regardless. She did finally poop in the bath, and not on her basking log today. So I guess small victories are still victories lol.

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Spike still hates bath time. She starts wiggling when she sees the water and as I reach to set her in the tub.. she starts scrambling up my arm. If I put my hand in the water she is instantly crawling up!

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Spikeshuman":1bpj9dg3 said:
Spike still hates bath time. She starts wiggling when she sees the water and as I reach to set her in the tub.. she starts scrambling up my arm. If I put my hand in the water she is instantly crawling up!

Buttercup does the same thing! Then when i grab her and hold her like I was a crane carrying something to gently drop her in the water..well, you see the looks I get lol.

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Me too! She stares up at me with the evil eye for a while. After a few minutes it seems to change into a "Please get me out of here!" look. You would think I am drowning her.. but she only gets wet up to the middle of her back! I have to sit there and swish water on her to get her back completely wet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom