Relocation Stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im New here.

I was wondering if my new Beardie Had relocation Stress, I bought him/her 6 days ago and he/she has been eating well (around 16 crickets a day, Some dandelion Greens and Some juvenile Bearded Dragon Food) But he/she Has Many Black Lines on the Underbelly and Beard. He/She Is active and runs away from my hand when i go near which i heard was normal. I was wondering What the cause of The black lines are, could it be Relocation Stress?
Thanks In advance
Heres Some info about He/She and Enviroment

Length: around 6-7 inchs
Heating: 75 Watt Basking Spot Lamp , 50 Watt r-zilla UVB tube Light and a 50 watt Night Bulb
Basking Temp: 107 F
Cool Spot: around 82-84
30 Gallon tank

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hello
Sounds like your little guy is doing ok but yes those little black lines and circles are stress marks and are most likely due to the relocation stress.There are a few things I would like to ask however.Judging by his size he is a young baby,correct?You said he was currently eating about 16 crix a day,is that what you allow him or is this all he will eat at the moment?Are you dusting his feeders with calcium/vitamin?How close can he get to his UVB/basking?By the way there is no need for the heat lamp at night if your temps fall below 65F,if they do then I recommend using a ceramic heat emitter instead as the light can interupt the sleep pattern.If the stress marks dont fade soon there may be some things that need to be changed in regards to your bulbs.The UVB you are using if its a new one is a recently updated product however the older version of this bulb caused alot of problems with beardies and I am not so sure about the quality of the newer version as its still being tested by an independant party.If you see any issues where he is keeping his eyes closed or becoming lethargic,not eating,lack of growth,etc it may need to be replaced.

-Vicky

ReptileFan

Original Poster
the 16 Crix a day thing is what the Man at the Store told me to give him , i also feed him Juvenile Bearded Dragon Food and Dandelion Greens or Romaine Lettuce which I shall be getting Tomorrow. I am Dusting His feeders with calcium. He can Get about 6 inchs to the UVB.
The NIght Bulb hasnt affected his sleeping pattern that i have noticed and I wake up a couple times to check up on Him to make sure hes fine. I do now Know If the UVB product is the updated or not But i will look into it, And I can not tell if he is growing yet.Lets hope he does
Thanks for the Help.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
At his size he should get all the crickets he wants 2-3x a day. 5x a week you should dust one feeding with calcium and 2x a week you should dust one feeding with vitamins (first feeding each time). As long as your temps aren't below 65*F, there is no need for a light, so why chance it disturbing his sleep? The juvenile bearded dragon food is okay, but not great.Don't rely on that as a primary food. As for veggies, lettuce is not a great one. Here is a link to good and bad veggies to feed: http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html. Mine love dandelion and collard greens. The litte one likes butternut squash and the older one likes mustard and turnip greens as well, but prefers dandelions and collards.
Sara
*edit- mine little one also had the stress marks when we first got her. Once her temps got settled and she got used to us, they faded. Both of our dragons get them when their basking and spend a lot of time with them while in shed

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
ReptileFan":d9eba said:
the 16 Crix a day thing is what the Man at the Store told me to give him , i also feed him Juvenile Bearded Dragon Food and Dandelion Greens or Romaine Lettuce which I shall be getting Tomorrow. I am Dusting His feeders with calcium. He can Get about 6 inchs to the UVB.
The NIght Bulb hasnt affected his sleeping pattern that i have noticed and I wake up a couple times to check up on Him to make sure hes fine. I do now Know If the UVB product is the updated or not But i will look into it, And I can not tell if he is growing yet.Lets hope he does
Thanks for the Help.
Oh I see well I have to be honest a beardie his age requires alot more protien then that.With babies and Juvies the rule of thumb is to allow them to eat as many crix as they can eat in a 15 minute period at leats 2-3xper day.Generally this is 35-50 crix but can reach much higher depending on the beardie and their needs.Of course along with the feeders the veggies and pellets should be offered as well(you really dont need the pellets but there isnt any harm done if he likes them).My last beardie ate over 100 feeders and 2 bowls of greens per day as a baby.This could be a reason for the stress marks.If he is always hungry then he wont be too happy.The UVB distance is fine.You can tell if its a new bulb by the package,the new package has a UVB chart on it the old one didnt.I just wanted to give you the heads up because I personally am still very wary about the product so just watch,ok?

Sorry Sara overlap again :D

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
They are ready to shed when they start loosing their color and turning grayish. They shed their bodies in pieces- right now Lilly is shedding her tail and getting ready to shed her back. Our older dragon is just shedding one armpit lol. Here is a pic of Lilly with her back getting ready to shed.
DSC_07544.jpg

Sara

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
ReptileFan":78daa said:
What do You mean BY UVB chart on the Package LIke, what Reptiles it is good for, that kinda chart?
Well not really.The UV Index graphic is basically just a UVB chart showing the different spectrums of UVB.The old package didnt have it but the new ones do but like I said either way I cant say whether or not its a quality or even safe bulb.I am hoping they are as there are some very crappy bulbs on the market at the moment.Basically the only bulb that I will recommend at the moment is the LINEAR reptiSUN 10.0 or reptiSUN 5.0 unless your across the pond then the arcadia 12% is a very good bulb also.

ReptileFan

Original Poster
No im not from across the Pond, Im in PA and the only reason i got the r-zilla was because a friend of mine who breeds dragons recommended it. I will start to feed my Beardie some more food, that is why i think he has the lines :(. Sorry Beardie!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
One last thing (sorry if I missd this in the post) what are you using to take temps (digital w/ probe, stick-on, or temp gun)? I only ask because my girl had stress marks b/c her temps were too high. Is the 107* directly under the basking lamp? Sara

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
ReptileFan":f29df said:
No im not from across the Pond, Im in PA and the only reason i got the r-zilla was because a friend of mine who breeds dragons recommended it. I will start to feed my Beardie some more food, that is why i think he has the lines :(. Sorry Beardie!
LOL just being thorough as to the locational possibilities :D Like I said I wanted you to have the info just in case you start to see problems you can make changes as needed.definately up his food and remember NEVER leave crix in the tank with him when it isnt feeding time.This is dangerous,they will bite,harrass and leave infected wounds and parasites so its a big no no.Hey got any pics of the little guy?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
The easiest way is to open up a photobucket.com(free) account,then upload the pictures there and copy and paste the IMG code right here in the text box.Its actually alot easier then it may sound.For a more detailed explanation see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37103

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom