Relocation stress gone, still picky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reven1337

So i moved my 4~ month dragon from my g/fs to my place. She was always a problematic eater. But after 2 weeks of baby food with calci she seemed to be getting her appetite back. She now has no stress marks and is alot more active so i assume the relocation stress is gone, however it seems she has gotten so used to the baby food that when i offer her crickets or greens she just looks at me and gapes her mouth open as if to say "get the dropper!". To answer a few of the question i know i will be asked....
Tile subtrate
Basking 105-110
78 cool side
Thermo with probe
ReptiSUN 10.0

I have a bottle of reptaid on the way, but now im not sure if that will help, i ordered it as an appetite stim but now she WANTS to eat... just not anything i have time to feed her... I work full time and goto school full time. My male (housed seperatly) is thriving, hes a healthy 10.5 inches at 4 months with a reasonable sized tail nip. She is 2 weeks younger and barely pushing 7 inches.

Are there any tips or tricks to get her back on the crix? I love my lizards to death but when i have a busy day i cant spend 30 minutes dropper feeding her 3 times a day. Any suggestions would be great. Please dont suggest Phoenix worms, they are TERRIBLY expensive here in Canada (22cents each after shipping).

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I would only feed her babyfood on her last feeding and even then maybe just a small amount. Hopefully she will get hungry enough to eat the crix at the other two feedings. I know some people pull off crickets legs to make them easier to catch but I can't do that...
Sara

Reven1337

Original Poster
Thx for the suggestions Spurlee, though it would appear as if you forgot to add a link in your second post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom