Rehoming Bodie — Brave Little Rescue Beardie

Bodie is finally ready to meet her forever family and home!

little bodie continues to grow every day, even at 18 months, and is still catching up to her full size after being neglected for the first year of her life. she can be timid but is innately curious when given the time, and loves climbing up people! she is looking by for a forever home that is calm and relaxing. she does well being in her tank, but like any beardie needs roaming time as well, especially for her active mind that is still developing as she grows. bodie’s new family should be ready to support her through her continued growth and any potential medical needs she may have. as of now bodie has been very healthy, growing slowly, and took de-worming medication about 4 months ago when i first rescued her. that being said her development is very unique due to her previous neglect and she is still about the size of a 8-10 month beardie but at 18 months old. however the vet believes she will eventually grow to full size (and she is well on her way) !! she loves buggos and is good decent salad eater! bodie can be shy at first but is so sweet and loving when you give her time 💗💗💗 she really does love humans

to learn more about her former neglect and recovery you can read this thread from when I first got her: https://www.beardeddragon.org/threads/meet-bodie-3.268203/

you can also see my instagram for posts about her at @buddy.boy.clyde you can DM me there or email me at [email protected]

bodie is a 10-15 year commitment and she will need a full tank setup—75-120 gallon is best! no rehoming fees (unless i have to drive very far then i will ask you to please cover my gas money).

What she looked like on OfferUp when I found her malnourished and neglected:
FE2041E7-982E-4C4A-BE6D-6C56B679AD72.jpg

How she looked after I rescued her (I believe they started feeding her more before I picked her up):
CEFE033A-B47A-4C9F-849D-97BECEEA1E11.jpeg

So small for 11 months old!!!

How she looks now:
IMG_9870.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_9075.jpg

IMG_9246.jpg

IMG_9439.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She is beautiful 😍. You do such a wonderful thing with these little guys. I hope you find her a home that deserves her!!!

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Can just agree! Thank you so very much for rescuing a dragon :)
(And pretty she is, too :) All deserve a good human and a good home, of course, but I just want to highlight that this is a truly pretty dragon, so marbled, and almost a circle when pancaking, wow!)
I hope you find your forever home where she can continue to thrive.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Can just agree! Thank you so very much for rescuing a dragon :)
(And pretty she is, too :) All deserve a good human and a good home, of course, but I just want to highlight that this is a truly pretty dragon, so marbled, and almost a circle when pancaking, wow!)
I hope you find your forever home where she can continue to thrive.
This isn't the first that was rescued, it's been a stellar job time and again.

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
@xp29 I'm aware of that, and that's why I'm even more thankful.
(I see, I might have better highlighted that as "another dragon". Not a native speaker, so hadn't paid attention to that nuance ;) :) )
It just makes me happy that people care, and so sad that others get reptile over reptile and neglect them. (I've read the previous owner had many reptiles, all in bad shape. I could just think: Why? :( )

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
@xp29 I'm aware of that, and that's why I'm even more thankful.
(I see, I might have better highlighted that as "another dragon". Not a native speaker, so hadn't paid attention to that nuance ;) :) )
It just makes me happy that people care, and so sad that others get reptile over reptile and neglect them. (I've read the previous owner had many reptiles, all in bad shape. I could just think: Why? :( )
I know.
It’s so easy to research them but people just believe what ever petsmart/petco, ect tell them and do zero research before or after getting them.
Personally I think there should be laws requiring places that sell animals to have staff that know the proper way to care for them, and only those people should be allowed to sell and/or give advise on the care for that animal.

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I know.
It’s so easy to research them but people just believe what ever petsmart/petco, ect tell them and do zero research before or after getting them.
Personally I think there should be laws requiring places that sell animals to have staff that know the proper way to care for them, and only those people should be allowed to sell and/or give advise on the care for that animal.
I agree. And would add to the first thing you mention: And are happy and convinced when they read somewhere something about lower standards - like: a smaller enclosure is enough, animal can live on pellets, animal can... Then they see this as "look, we don't need ... (the bigger one, the veggies, the live insects, the...)". I have seen many people thinking like that - they have read about the large cage, the veggies, but they have also read about the small one, and so...

To the second one: Also agree, and in addition I would like that anybody who wants to buy a pet must show proof of (likely) proper care for the pet, like proof of having a certain enclosure, lights (or other things for other pets). Just like many shelters (at least in Europe) require that; was the case for a friend of mine rescuing a cat (requirement by the shelter was that the cat has outdoor access), or another friend rescuing hamsters (it had to be shown that a proper large hamster cage exists).

I had seen many times in (US) pet stores employees even "downgrading" what I wanted to buy. E.g.: I wanted to buy a large 60 gallon tank for hermit crabs, the tank was available and sitting right in front of me, I was about to buy it, I was asked for what it is and after saying it's hermit crabs they wanted to talk me into something that was literally shoebox-sized. Why? They even make more money when I buy the large tank, and enough substrate to fit in which is also not cheap. (They might, from a salesperson point of view, make more money if they first get me into buying the small tank and then upgrading, but likely with them growing slowly and of course staying much smaller than a dragon.... without proper care there won't be a bigger tank necessary after a while as they would simply die.)

Last edited:

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I’m having a hard time finding Bodie her new family. I need to find her a home before July <3 please share this post !! She is perfect I am only rehoming her because I was rescuing her and never planned to keep her 💗

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom