Reggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowy

Reggie came home with us today.
I ran him a bath and left my sons to guard him whilst I set about removing the sand from his viv and replacing it with tiles and non slip matting - and trying to get rid of the smell :puke:

He went into his viv for a warm up then started rattling the glass to be let out :?
Had a quick cuddle with the boys then made his way to what seems to be his favourite spot - by the french window - where he took a few minutes trying to crawl through the glass before realising that it wasn't going to happen and settling down to watch the rain.

He is certainly very sociable and is happy to sit on my sons chest.

Will be interesting to see how much time he actually ends up spending in his viv - I've placed it where he can look out of the window, but he seems to prefer the humans area 8)
He's now sat in the windowsill at the other end of the lounge!

Questions!
Is it normal for them to smell so much, or is it just because he was on sand?
Also, he has incredibly long scratchy nails - do I need to trim them, or are they better left alone?

snowy

Original Poster
Well he certainly doesn't like being in his viv - neither would I with that smell, but it does seem to be improving since he has been out of it most of the day and the doors have been left open for it to air.
He has spent a very pleasant afternoon lying in the sun in the front window

I had to prop up the net curtains so he could see out properly

He wasn't happy when I put him back into the viv for the night and sat glaring at us through the glass. But the next next time I looked he was pancaked to the floor and sleeping like a baby. Bless him, think we are going to enjoy having him - he is certainly an interesting character! :lol:

snowy

Original Poster
Thank you! :D He is about 14 months old, so fully grown (I assume!). I must weigh and measure him to see how he compares - I have no idea if he a small, medium or large boy :lol:
He goes a very pretty shade of yellow when he's happy 8)

He looks pretty large to me! Mind you my dragon is really small at the moment so they all look big In comparison! I think males are generally large than females too. It's so funny how he's looking out of the window like that! Will you let him go out on the grass if it ever gets hot again? Actually, I think we may have already had our summer knowing this bloody country! :lol:

snowy

Original Poster
I know! :roll:
We did have a warm spell this afternoon so put him into the tray from one of those indoor guinea pig runs and put that on the trampoline with my sons guarding him. He was quite happy to just lie there and soak up the sun. Then when the breeze got up, he came in and spent the rest of the day in 'his' windowsill. Can't imagine what the neighbours think when they see him peering out at them! :wink:

I bet they love seeing him! You'll be known as the mad lizard lady in your street in no time! :lol: We live in a flat so poor old Linda doesn't have a garden to go in. She also likes looking out the window but she's so quick that I'm terrified she's going to try and jump out!

snowy

Original Poster
He can certainly move when he wants to, but seems to chose not to! Quite happy to soak up the rays and watch the world go by 8)
Had to laugh at him tonight - I've taken most of the fake rocks and grasses out of his tank (everything smelled really bad) and just left his basking log and a cushion in the cool side. I don't know where he was used to sleeping as there was no cave for him and last night he just lay down in the middle of the tank. So tonight when I turned his lights off, I lifted him onto the cushion. He just put his head down and went to sleep! Bless - he looks so comfy! :lol:

LizardLad11":3du5442j said:
My Phoenix is 2 years old...about 3/4 Reggie's size due to lack of food and calcium from his previse owner :(

It's so sad when you see dragons that have been poorly kept. I'm sure Phoenix will do much better now he's with you. :)

I love the idea of putting a cushion in with Linda! She has an old flannel under the hide in the cool end and she is sleeping on that tonight. I prefer her sleeping under the bigger hide as the hot end one is a little snug for her and in the morning she seems t be so cold after coming out of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom