regaining appitite from ill health

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
( A little bit of background)
I have 5 dragons , colony screening done (never again) found Salonella (c1) Tennessee Subgenus , yeast positive +++ , numerous ova . treatments have been steady over the past 6/7 weeks consisting of panacur , criproxin. last week i had a course of drugs for yeast named ltrafungol . all have pritty much bounced back considering there poor bellys must have been feeling like a washing cycle... but i am concerned about my snow Angel, her weight hasnt dropped but she is refusing to eat or very little and every three days or so.And they dont poo often ither. i went and bought some critaical care and have started mixing that with chicken baby food to try and perk her up. i am back at the vets on saterday and i am sure that my vet will perform a blood test to check red/white blood cell count as she had mentioned it if Angel didnt pick up. so my question is 1) is this normal ..... 2) can i do anything else . i am really worried as for the past two years i have been really lucky and have had normal very healthy dragons up to now. My friend has said every dragon that he has had that has stopped eating has died ... 3) how long do you give an animal before it is classed as cruel to keep alive. for me personally i would spend my last penny but my husband will decide on when is enough and will have no choice in getting her put to sleep. i could really do with some help with anyone who has had a simular experience and what the outcome was...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you get a blood test done on saturday, can you send me a copy of it to look over?
A high number of dragons that have yeast/fungal issues internally, usually have a hard time overcoming it. However, they can beat it, with some work & persistence on your part.
I am not familiar with the medication Itrafungal, but, it is probably similar to Itraconazole.
I would continue to use the Critical care, along with baby food, to help her out right now. The medications, Ciproxin & Panacur may have an affect on her moods & her appetite.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom