Refuses to come out of his viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've had my 5 month old beardie, Spyro, for about a month and he's fine when i just pet him and he was okay with me picking him up at first, but now he's not letting me hold him at all! He shed so i tried not to stress him out too much, I didn't take him out of his tank and just kind of let him be until he was done shedding. Now he still lets me pet him sometimes but any time i try to take him out of his viv he latches onto the paper towels in his tank and wont let me hold him or runs into his cave.

I don't understand why he's doing this, can anyone give me some suggestions on what to do?

My bear die aang does that too some times. I usually make him come out because I don't want him to get use to not being held. The way I pick him up when he is not wanting to go is I start out with his legs while having one hand around his belly. I unattach his nails from what ever he is holding on to and the gently rise him up to me. When he gets mad at me for doing that he will whip his tail in circles trying to get away. But when he is latched on to something Ithink he is sscared to be picked up so high so fast. So try to be extra gentle and slow. Hope it helps.

CrazyboutBeardies

Original Poster
Thanks so much! Your advice definitely helped. I've been taking spyro out with the paper towel he's on top of, then unlatching him from it once i get him completely out of the tank. He's still pretty nervous about coming out, but he finally let me take him out of the room so that he could take a bath, so we must be getting somewhere :)

Neptune

He is probably just really nervous, i know my dragon was really nervous about being picked up. They need to get used to you and your scent. Like the other person said, make sure you go slow, they don't like fast movements and just be patient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom