Reflections, or "Hey, I wanna eat that *Other* beardie!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

armando's_dad

Hatchling Member
Armando, freshly emerged from brumation, is really intent on getting to "that other beardie" (i.e., his reflection in the glass)...

I tried putting some aquarium backround paper up in his enclosure, which sort of helped... but it was kinda shiny too, so he could still see his reflection, just not as well.

I'm thinking now of going to brown kraft paper, which will definitely do the trick... but wondering if anyone has any other suggestions? His enclosure is currently glass on four sides.

Thanks!

Tigg

Juvie Member
Give the craft paper a try, I would strongly reccomend keep it on the outside of the tank though!

armando's_dad

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, yeah, I think I'm going to give the Kraft paper thing a shot later today.

I actually tried an experiment with the paper on the inside of the cage, and it worked well as far as blocking reflection (obviously) but the drawbacks were that it gave the roaches a place to hide and climb away from him, and also provided a new canvas for the poo mural that Armando decided to paint.... :puke: LOL!

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
armando's_dad":620e6 said:
and also provided a new canvas for the poo mural that Armando decided to paint.... :puke: LOL!
Some people manage to make money off such fine artwork. Pics? :lol:

armando's_dad

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey, good point... Hmmmm, gonna have to keep a camera handy for next time.... because I know there WILL be a next time.... :lol:

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Hee, hee, hee

You know, that other beardie has been lurking around our viv too! It's a funny thing, every morning about halfway through her am bask, she spots it and gets incredibly uptight, bearding and puffing up, and then, she calms down and seemingly "gets it" and lets it go for the rest of the day. Or maybe she's just playing tough. At any rate, her massive "puffing" made such an impression on me, that I actually dreamed the other night that she puffed herself up bigger than a toaster, to which (in my dream), I proclaimed, "Beardie's outgrowing her viv!" Sorry, TMI.

Sorry about the poo art. :?

Hope you're able to find some background solution. We're working on one as well.

The best,
Em

armando's_dad

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Embee":083d4 said:
You know, that other beardie has been lurking around our viv too! It's a funny thing, every morning about halfway through her am bask, she spots it and gets incredibly uptight, bearding and puffing up, and then, she calms down and seemingly "gets it" and lets it go for the rest of the day. Or maybe she's just playing tough. At any rate, her massive "puffing" made such an impression on me, that I actually dreamed the other night that she puffed herself up bigger than a toaster, to which (in my dream), I proclaimed, "Beardie's outgrowing her viv!" Sorry, TMI.

LOL! That sounds pretty familiar... (well, except for the toaster-sized beardie dream, although now that it's planted in my head ya never know...) :lol:

Yeah, the poo art is pretty much a constant, whether it's just on the glass or on the floor tiles or on the paper... Armando is very multi-talented when it comes to his art...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom