Reflection on front glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agad98

I’m currently setting up a third tank as a temporary tank to use while I fix up aspects of my other tanks I have backround on 3/4 sides but the 4th side the front glass I’m wondering what is the best way to stop my beardie from seeing her reflection on this? Saw this was posted about but with no solutions and was locked so bumping it

SPandS

Juvie Member
You could put some sort of paper, like construction paper or computer paper on the inside bottom 6in or so.

Agad98

Original Poster
Not opposed to the idea but hoping for a way that does not block visibility inside of the tank

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Agad98":1zt2mcz9 said:
what is the best way to stop my beardie from seeing her reflection on this?
Agad98":1zt2mcz9 said:
hoping for a way that does not block visibility inside of the tank
Diametrically opposed? We're only talking about blocking an area the height of the lizard standing all-fours on the floor of the enclosure--a few inches at most.

The recommendations I've seen are something like wrapping paper with a light-colored busy design placed on the outside of the enclosure (so your beardie can't rip it off/eat it). Light colors decrease reflections; dark colors enhance reflections.

An alternative would be to keep the ambient light outside the enclosure brighter than the light inside the enclosure. Again, this is because darkness increases reflectivity.

Another alternative (though I don't know the availability or safety) would be attaching an anti-reflective film to the inside of the glass. This would be my least favored choice.

Agad98

Original Poster
Appreciated very much :D i understand the construction paper idea was just looking for alternative measures my dragon is very happy as is I have a cork backround on all the other sides she occasionally scratches at the front glass now and wanted to find preventative measures :) . a film would be awesome but as you said not sure about how safe it would be I do like the idea of keeping ambient light outside of the tank dimmer I will try this :D

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Agad98":sc33yaue said:
I have a cork backround on all the other sides
That was my original thought/intention when I was building my enclosure, but I couldn't find the cork tiles I was looking for anywhere (they were very common a few decades ago). A Home Despot employee sent me down the flooring aisle to find them (they weren't there either) when I saw the slate backsplash tiles. I liked those even better (though they probably cost several times what the cork would have), so they're what I have now.

I do like the idea of keeping ambient light outside of the tank dimmer I will try this :D
Maybe you mistyped...(?) The light outside the enclosure needs to be brighter than inside to reduce/avoid reflections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mellzy
Top Bottom