Red Tiger x Sandfire, What is this? Picture included

Status
Not open for further replies.
The father was a Red tiger, and the mother was a really magnificent Sandfire dragon. what should i expect with this little one? also how can i tell if mine is indeed a tiger just by my plain eyes compared to another like a normal. thanks so much
jrpvo0.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I can't see the picture,

But without seeing the picture and based on your description, you'd get red babies.

-Brandon

AriZoNaSHacKeR

Original Poster
i updated the picture, i have more questions about the whole tiger thing, what is the markings on my baby on the stomach? ive never seen it before

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those black marks are stress marks. When a dragon is stressed they will become dark and get those black lines on their stomachs.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's common knowledge that those are called stress marks and dragons get them when they are stressed... hence the name.

-Brandon

bltkpo

Juvie Member
^^ Yep, Brandon is right. When my beardie is unhappy or cold she has the blackest of stress marks on her tummy. Otherwise, when she is happy and content and wonderful she has a pearly white tummy. :) They should go away once your beardie gets over whatever it is stressing him out. (Relocation stress, maybe a bowel movement, or even a set up rearranging. :)

MissT

BD.org Addict
AriZoNaSHacKeR":346di58u said:
claudiusx":346di58u said:
Those black marks are stress marks. When a dragon is stressed they will become dark and get those black lines on their stomachs.

-Brandon
Don't think so but thanks

They are stress marks. Babies get them a lot more than adults. They happen when they are freaking out about something or, sometimes, when they are cold. A happy baby will have a nice creamy-white belly :)

dangit12

Juvie Member
yeah it is stress marks. i thought it was weird at first. since i didnt know bearded dragons could have these. but you will find out alot of weird things that animals do. :mrgreen:

Are we talking about the circles on his belly and neck ? Those are stress marks? They look like markings I've never seen those before. That's weird looks so cool as well :/

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
As your dragons grows, you'll see less stress marks. Just make sure you have a good UVB light & the basking spot is 100-105F so they can get nice & warm to digest their food. Babies, even when happy, will sometimes still have stress marks. They are pretty & go away more as they get more comfy in their new home. Have fun with your dragon & you'll see as he grows, he'll probably get more red on his back & head.

AriZoNaSHacKeR

Original Poster
i use a 100 watt power sun, and its always had these marks since it hatched more and different then ive ever seen, he eats tons of roaches a day and is extremely aggressive and fast growing, i would doubt any stress, eats bearded bites and all kinds of insects for variety, all dusted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom