Red poop/urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
DragonQueen3":18p1ezw8 said:
No. That poop was yesterday, and she hasn't ate since Monday. She will sit and stare at her food moving but won't actually go near or eat it.

Our night time temps right now are 40 and today the high will be 79. Our bedroom never goes below 70, got a space heater to be sure.
Yesterday? I'm sorry, I lost all concept of time, thought it was days ago!
Karrie has a good suggestion, get her weighed and keep track to make sure she isnt losing weight along with a strange poo and not eating much. Those 3 combined might necessitate a vet visit.
My HVAC is set at 66 so that's as low as it gets in my house or Petey's tank. His lights are on 12/12 timer and temps are where they should be. That is SO important! If you have any doubts about your lighting and temps, ask Karrie, she helped me get Petey's stuff right.?
-Dee

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would recommend a vet visit --- make sure take a stool sample in even if you haft to refrigerate it so you have one one --- especially if it looks like that what you posted
http://www.arav.org
See if that site cant help you find a good vet
Karrie

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I last weighed her about 1 1/2 weeks ago.
Also, I got about 3 full dropper of calcium water in her today

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

Pancake had a BM today. Although small, it looks normal
107227-5082098935.jpg

I read somewhere that red urates could mean not enough calcium so I'm going to keep giving her calcium water every other day until she's eating alright.

I already have a reptile vet that I plan ok visiting soon. Thanks for everyone's help

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey guys.

This is Pancake today weighing in at 309. I was hoping somebody could tell me if she looks healthy?

107227-8025448396.jpg
107227-6394902319.jpg

I think she may be possibly trying to brumate again because our temps have gone back down. Day time is between 50-60 F
And nights are between 30-40 F.

Please let me know your opinions and wether or not this could still be brumation behaviors.

Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Poop looks good - she looks good - as long as shes basking eating and pooping and maintaining her weight or gaining I think your good - even tho shes sleeping or being lazy its that time of year --- mine has gone wacko - he wants out all the time - and its driving me crazy - hes eating basking and pooping but the energy level is out of sight --- I think spring fever has sprung for him and some others as well
Karrie

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The last she ate was 1 super worm on the 2nd. And then the healthy looking poop she had the 3rd.

Since then she has mostly been wanting out and sleeping.

I did wake her up about 30 min ago for some sun and calcium water. Now she is basking

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Keep an eye on her weight - keep offering her food - they wont eat if they arent hungry - so watch her weight and see what happens - if shes losing it maybe a vet visit wouldnt hurt
Karrie

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I can now happily report that pancake has gained 12 grams and is now 325 in total. She had a large poop earlier this week as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom