Red Patches after Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglin237

Leo just finished shedding her hands and feet today. When I took her out for her bedtime snuggles, I noticed these.
95230-6621649493.jpg

She has them on both hands, but not on her feet. They kind of look like scrapes and are softer than her other hand scales. They weren't there before her shed. She's eating normally and isn't any lazier than isual.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post pics of her set up ? Sometimes it's something in the tank that they are rubbing against constantly. Or it could be food stains if she's had any red food items that she walked through.

Anglin237

Original Poster
She's in a 40 gallon breeder. I have a t5 Arcadia uv bulb and a 75 watt basking bulb, both have been changed within the last month. Temps are 98 basking, 85 cool taken with a temp gun. She eats crickets dusted with calcium 3 days a week, dubia dusted with multivitamin two days a week and in dusted bugs the other days. She gets 4 superworms twice a week as a treat and salad fresh twice a day. No bugs are left overnight. She gets a bath 3 days a week and a mist on the other days. That's linoleum that we use for substrate and she's been on it for over a year. The rock in there is her poo rock and the only thing I can see that might have scraped her, but she's had it since her baby days and hasn't had any issues before. She goes poo once a week.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nothing looks suspicious there, it's very possible that sometimes they just develop these things due to being on a hard surface all the time which they wouldn't be on in the wild. Adults may be more prone to it because they are carrying more weight. BTW, you might try + see if she'd like a nice thick basking stick that goes from one end of the tank to the other, or part way across. You can prop it up using the rock hide. Most beardies like climbing up high. But I think the feet are just mildly irritated and won't get much worse. :)

fcooper

Hatchling Member
Looks like the ink or paint from something has rubbed onto his scales. My beardie walks through his food ALL the time, he's also a senior and doesn't care about anything. It's not abnormal to see him sleeping with a chunk of mango mashed under his beard. Try giving him a bath to see if it comes off easily, I usually scrub any dirty spots on scales with a clean, stiff toothbrush.

Anglin237

Original Poster
I finally figured it out! I was getting ready to give her her bath tonight and noticed how she was holding her hands. Her nails had gotten too long making get walk more towards her wrist, causing sores from her weight. Hopefully the nail clipping and honey I applied tonight will get her healed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom