Red and Yellow Uro from Reptile Show...Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megatron

I have a two year old bearded dragon so I am relatively familiar on there set up, however not so much with the Uro. I thought or read that it is similar but my girlfriend and I are finding out, not so much.

If anyone could please post the some answers or advice on the various topics, I would appreciate it. Both are males, been together since birth, do fine together, no dominance issues, roughly 1 - 2 years old:

Basking point suppoed to be at 120 degrees?

Need 'desert style' UVB, correct? (I know Beardies need them to help digest and be healthy)

Substrate, I saw a local pet store hat them on bird seed with alfalfa hay on top, looked cool and heard seed is good for them?? (not sure on this one)

Diet? (Ive got them on mustard greens, romaine hearts with a touch of strawberries.

If you could please, once again, post anything that can help, I would appreciate it. You can see from my previous posts, I keep my reps very well taken care of just need some info. Thanks a lot.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Bump the temps up to 130-135 if you can.
Same UVB as beardies, reptisun 10.0
bird seed is the best IME. Forget about the hay though.
Mine loves collards and bok choy. I do not feed insects at all

-Brandon

xbluex

Juvie Member
Its very important to make sure the temps are perfect, they need 80 on the cool end 100's on the hot end and 120-135 basking.
The best greens to feed them are endive, escarole, and dandelion greens. Mustard, turnip, collard, and romain lettuces arent bad but give them little to no nutritional value. No crickets or worms at all only veggies, and possibly bird seed.
The bad thing about having seed as substrate is that they love seeds, they will eat the substrate-even in areas where they poop which is not good at all. It'd be best to use sand or tile. Mine loves digging in the sand so thats what I use, just not enough for her to cover herself with it.
Also they want small hides, they are natural burrowers so their hides should be small enough for them to feel the top and sides on them while inside, but not too small to where they will get stuck in them.
Also what size tank are they in? It's a general rule that one should be in a 4x2x2, and if theres a pair kick it up to at least 6x2x2
Check out the repticzone uro forums, there are alot of people on there that are extremely experienced with uros. Thats where I learned most of what I know about them now. While I love my beardies I wish I had found out about uros first, I hate dealing with crickets, and any reptiles that I buy in the future will definatly be uros.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've had no problems with me uro eating seeds near poo, because he doesn't really. He usually eats the seeds inside of his cave, and he doesn't poo in there.

Some people on this forum feed insects without ill effects so its not factual to say that you can't feed them.(even though I personally don't feed mine insects)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom