Recommended plan for a sandstone vivarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to redecorate! I have been doing tons of research on this forum and online and I think overall I am going to head down the sandstone route. What I would like to know is from people that have their own Sandstone/ majority rock vivariums - how have you gone about it?

Where did you buy the stuff from? (I have no idea where to find Sandstone rocks?/slabs?)
Did you fill the gaps with sand? If so type? I worry about impaction..

My girl absolutely loves to charge around like a lunatic and tip her water everywhere and spread it around her Viv, so I am hoping that by providing more of a rock like landscape, not only am I making her habitat much more natural but she might make less of a mess :roll:

Sorry if this has already been asked (if it has please let me know of the existing topic) there is just so many topics and I couldn't spot one similar when I looked through.

Thanks for your help :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I live in natural sandstone country ---- so if wanted some , I'd simply collect the boulders and stones I require from local bushland or around local headlands (from scree slopes - I know of several places were I can get loose sandstone rocks).

If you don't have access to "wild" sandstone .... your gardening centre is your best bet , they often carry quarried sandstone offcuts .

carolinelucy

Original Poster
Haha you live in a perfect location! There’s not much natural sandstone in my area unfortunately. I will take a trip down to my local garden centre though - thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom