Recommend Online Breeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeneezy

I checked google and came up with several websites. I'm not looking for anything in particular as far as morphs, I just want A+ service. Who do you guys recommend? or have an experience dealing with? fireandice? daichu? jossranch? rainbow? reptilesbymack?

I also looked at kingsnake classifieds and theres a bunch there.

mikeneezy

Original Poster
Thanks. I'm in the LA area. I have ordered supplies from LLL and their service have been outstanding. You hear anything about their reps? Thanks for the links. I'll make sure to check each one.

kbro

Hatchling Member
I havnt really heard anything about their reptiles, maybe see if you can find some reviews, or use the search on here for different breeders. You could also see if there are any reptile shows coming up and see what breeders are going. I just went to a show today.

I have family out there by Riverside. Beautiful place your lucky!

kbro

Hatchling Member
I tried looking some more but it's hard to find, I hope someone else can comment. I was thinking if you could find someone closer it would be nice, even possibly pick one up instead of shipping. But one of the most highly recommended I saw this time when I searched here was Rio reptile which is Cheryl on from the beardeddragon.co link. I love her product site and just picked up some stuff from a friend of hers at the Minnesota reptile show.

mikeneezy

Original Poster
Thanks! I'll check the sites. I work nights so I have no problems with having them shipped as I'm always home in the mornings. There are a couple of petsmart/cos here but I have heard the stories. Also, there are a few private owned stores, but this being my first beardie, I wouldn't know what to look out for.

kbro

Hatchling Member
If that's the case I would do tons of research and have the tank already set up with temps and everything correct before even ordering. There are some very good breeders out there, just seems Rio is mentioned a lot with good opinions on them. I hope someone chimes in about breeders, maybe edit your first post on the topic and change the subject to recommended online breeders, you may get some more people that have experience ordering from someone.

mikeneezy

Original Poster
I've been setting up my enclosure, purchasing the necessities and reading these forums. Just a couple of more things then I can get my BD. Again, thanks for the help.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I can recommend Rio Reptiles. You can look at the pictures online, and call or email Cheryl to talk to her about what you are looking for as far as personality. She can help you find a couple to choose from. We have been so happy with our Fred that we got from her 2 years ago.

kbro

Hatchling Member
Great, I did figure you were getting everything and researching, just thought I'd mention it.

Maybe you will get some more answers, I see there is already one!

Max18

Hatchling Member
Beardeddragons.co has a super cute translucent boy up for sale right now. I've ordered from Cheryl before and she is great.

I got my boy from Pacific Coast Beardies and I couldn't be happier with him. c: He's extremely friendly and calm, so I'm pretty sure he was handled daily. When I had an issue with him, the breeder was very responsive and gave me tips on how to deal with it. The shipping went perfectly. He even started eating the day I got him.

I got my leo from LLLReptiles, but she wasn't shipped to me. I just picked her up from a convention, so I can't say anything about their shipping.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

I strongly recommend that, when you do find a breeder you like, search for them in the Board of Inquiry. It's a huge collection of reviews on various breeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom