Really Worried please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone, a little help for a noobie please?
I bought my baby bearded dragon just over a week ago for the first week he didn't eat anything appart from strawberries and tomatos and now he's onto crickets (canned because i'm still can't cope with feeding him live at the moment. but i will get round to it) he's only eating like 2 of them a day (one in the morning and one at night) when i offer more he leans his head right back and closes his eyes before violently shaking his head. when i offer anything else like fruit he licks the hell out of it and doesn't seem to bother.
Any ideas what he is doing?
This is really worrying to watch, as soon as i take the food away from him he's fine again and back to his bubbly self running about and climbing on everything.
After seeing him scratching his face constaintly on his hamock i gave him a bath wich calmed him down but as soon as i offered food again he went off on one trying to run away from me and shaking with his head right back looking up with his eyes closed.

Is there anything i can do to stop this? is it normal or should i take him to see a vet?

thanks for your time <3

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi. Can you please tell us about your setup? What are your temps, what kind of uv bulb are you using? Are you using calcium dust? What kind of substrate are you using?

babyboo412

Original Poster
it's only a 50x50x80 tank at the moment until he gets a little bigger, he has a 75 w GR make basking day light and also a 50w UV bulb that is on all the time. (wich the guy in the store said was the best choice.)
It's a TALL tank so the bottom is cool and the top is hot (99% of the time he spends his time near the basking lamp and at night he moves under the UV red light before going to sleep.

not yet using cal dust because i bought the food pellets instead wich he'll eat when there soggy.

<3

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
UV should only be on when the basking light is on, ie during the day. Babies grow quickly, and so they need their food dusted with calcium once a day 5x a week, and with vitamins once a day 2x a week. I usually do 3 days of calcium, then 1 day of vitamins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom