Really fat beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Glad it wasnt anything worse than her just being a really overweight dragon. Definately cut down on the protein and stick to veggies for a bit. Obesity comes with it's own set of problems for all living things. Good luck and keep us posted :mrgreen: ....monitor her weight for time to time so you have a visual guide for yourself and can see if she is coming down in weight.

Jake583

Speaking of fat, my Komez is 6 yrs old and today I gave him 10 superworms, is that bad?, do they stop eating if they are full?, will he get sick? :?:

slightlymelted

Original Poster
fatty liver disease is exact;y what Im worried about at this point!
and thank you beardie guy.. i do have the list... now Im just trying new veggies to see if i can get her interested in something else for a change.. grated sweet potato is unfortunately a love of hers.. in fact, most squashes.. but eh starch ... I'm thinking i may cut them out altogether.. I tried feeding her organic dandylion greens and you would have thought I had called her hurtful names and took her best friend away.. but she does seem to like her turnip greens with her collards and mustard greens...
But she also seems to be ready to brumate..as shes getting far more sluggish than usual, shes cool and has that "leave me alone" look in her eyes so I may just have to take up this weight loss venture later.

Thank you so much for your suggestions I really do appreciate them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welchy2000
Top Bottom