Real Sun light exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Instead of getting a bulb I plan to let them get fresh sunlight everyday. How many hours will be enough? Our weather here is very good for BD's, hot almost 24 hours, at night it goes down to 74-80 only unless it rains :)

Mt3

The UVB bulb is one of the most important parts of your beardie's home. Regardless of how nice your weather is, you'll want to pick up a ReptiSun 10.0 (tube) bulb to keep on hand; you never know when unforeseen circumstances will keep you from getting your pet outside.

More than 30 minutes of natural sunlight will be great for a beardie. Some people keep their beardies outside for an hour, some keep them out all day when weather permits. Just be sure to provide adequate shelter if you plan to keep him out for any extended period of time so he's able to hide out in the shade to regulate his body temperature. Also, take whatever measures you need to protect him from birds and other predators, outdoor pesticides and chemicals, and all that other common-sense stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom