Ready to give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjkc

my babie is not mean but testing my also like to jump out of my hand off the bed have to keep a real close him. Hang in there and don't give up

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't stressed to the point of not wanting to eat. She is actually starting to get a bit better about being so nasty but still doesn't like to be handled.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
I had a beardie who did pretty much everything you're describing.

Reading through these posts, I cannot stress enough how important it is to get your beardie on their own in a quiet room, and cover the viv. Yeah, she can't see out, that's the point-- she'll have a quiet, confined space to relax and get to know her viv, so she can get used to her home and be able to relax.

Now, my rescue was an adult, which is a big change from a baby. This is going to sound really weird, but I just wrapped her up in a "security towel", which should be wrapped around her so her back is covered. My Gem seemed more comfortable knowing her back wasn't exposed to the world, and would sit still and not gape or beard or hiss. She seemed to feel shielded. Also, I read to her. Yes, I read to her. I laid her on my chest, and read a book aloud. I talked to her. And I did all of this in a quiet room, with dim lighting, usually in the evening.

Also, if you can sit in that quiet room and shut the door, and let your beardie roam, that would be good. I'm not exactly sure why this made Gem feel good, but she liked being able to run around. I sat and I watched her, and she seemed to realize that I wasn't going to chase her or anything.

Don't get upset about the eating, or rather, lack thereof. Offer fresh salads daily, phoenix worms if you can get them, and try to calm her down. She'll come to her senses and learn you're really trying to help. :wink:

Jacqui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom