Ready for a beardie...I think! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis1102

Original Poster
I got most of what I needed. I wasn't able to get the UVB ReptiSun yet because at the petstore, they were $50 and I can get them for $20 online. I placed my online order yesterday and it should arrive in the next few days. In the meantime, Cheryl said that would be fine but to take him outside for a little while each day. I also ordered some other stuff there like the suppliments and etc.

In the meantime, I got some tile from Home Depot, a heat lamp dome / bulbs, his greens, the fixture from Wal-Mart for the Reptisun and will get that set up in just a little while. He should be here within the next 2.5 hrs, but I'm in conference calls for the next 1.5 hrs so I will leave him boxed up until I can give him my full attention. At that time we'll do his bath, get the cage set up and everything.

One thing I forgot to get is a basking spot / ramp. What are some 'around the house' suggestions of things i could use temporarily today?

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Congratulations! I've gotten all four of my dragons from Cheryl. 2 of them are just over a year old now and I just got 2 more from her 2 weeks ago. They are awesome! I never thought I would be into reptiles at all
but my beardies have definitely stolen my heart.
As for a temporary basking spot you could use a rock from outside. Just rinse it off really well and then bake it in your oven at 250 for a couple hours to kill anything that could be on it.
Who are the parents to your new little guy? I have one from AudymXVyllyn one from ZyllaXHoudini
one from OasysXRaydar and one from DemynX Cayenne. They are all different and very beautiful.
Post a pic when you can.
Amy :D

Travis1102

Original Poster
So far, so good! He arrived yesterday morning right on time and was laid back right away. His bath didn't go quite as expected and he didn't seem to want to be in the water. He kept jumping up and grabbing the edge of the bowl I was bathing him in. I then got him into his cage with the lights and gave him a bowl of greens (mustard greens) and a small bowl of water too, just in case he wanted any.

He ended up having an incident of diarrhea yesterday after warming up and didn't eat any of his greens all day. In the evening, I fed him crickets and he was eager to eat those! It was fun watching him run around catching them with ease. I remembered earlier in the evening that I had a wood half log that I had bought for a snake a while back, but never used so I washed that and baked it. Once it cooled, I had put it in his cage for him to bask on and he seems to like it. I left him to bask another 2.5 hrs after he ate and then lights out. Before I went to bed, I checked and he had gone under the log and was asleep. He had a busy day!

This morning, he was awake, but still under the log. I turned on the basking light and got him a fresh bowl of greens (which he hasn't touched) and he's been basking most of the day. The temps got a little high (112 degrees with thermometer gun) in the hot spot now that the log is in there, so I'm switching to a lower wattage bulb to see how the temps go with that one. His BM today was what I would assume is 'normal' and he no longer has diarrhea which was good news for both of us! He did go on the log though instead of the tile! I washed it off, but I need to find something easier to clean if he continues to go there.

I will upload some more photos of him a little later that I took yesterday with my phone, but here is a close up from just a little while ago.

8036283888_47c7d4ff4e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom