Re-thinking gender.....again New photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smid

Hatchling Member
So I bought Smid and was told it was a male, a few months later took Smid to the vet and she said - nope it's a girl, but now I see this

SU1HMDA2NzMuanBn.jpg

What do you guys think? I think Smid could care less what I call her, but I'd like to know I've got it right

Liz

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's what I thought - just after I was getting used to calling him a her too!! Oh well, at least the name works better now...Thanks

Liz

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SU1HMDA2OTAuanBn.jpg

not sure if this is any better - lifting Smid's tail is like pushing a start button - she/he just starts walking :roll:

Also is it normal to shed one scale at a time??? Smid's right nostril shed last week and now I see the odd scale on her tail coming loose in her bath???? She's always done the entire body part in the past, but maybe since she isn't growing this is how they do it????

Gail

BD.org Addict
Definitely a male and yes, as they get older they are more prone to shedding in patches though I've never seen one shed scale by scale.

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I've been thinking this for a while, but the reptile vet couldn't be wrong I kept saying. Just when I had most people calling him her as everyone seems to think lizards are male! In fairness to the vet the femoral pores are just starting to show. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom