Re: Batman, Flash, Vraska, family! More faves from Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We brought Batman home when he was just two weeks old and today he is 10 weeks old and 10.5 inches! His tail started to shed again today...I think he's going to be a big guy :)

First night home: Keegan (my 3 year old human) and Batman!

FD7942F9-4FCE-4564-A6FC-7B06B3EBC35F-276-00000015A2B9AD58.jpg

Just 2 weeks old!

ED1B1D26-FB54-426F-94BE-B7BD6A16B38E-276-00000015AB592AAA.jpg

He did this a lot at first. A little wave :)

E001ADB4-C399-4BF5-A3EB-BA621E70EDB6-276-00000015A72AC92E.jpg

First full shed!

8DE61CAB-6902-4521-A2BE-6FB249CDCAB2-4985-000004C0C8198E0B.jpg

Hanging out with daddy!

null-23.jpg

Meeting Hailey (my 9 year old human) ;)

null-42.jpg

He's just not a morning dragon...

null-55.jpg

He's becoming such a big boy!

null-52.jpg

Well...there's our little buddy! We're so proud of him!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I knew he'd come around WELL DONE BATMAN!!!! I was so hoping to hear this good news, now there's no stopping him!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I am psyched. I really was just resigning to the fact I'd be feeding him slurries forever! He stopped at 14 but I will NOT complain. Today is viv sanitizations day, so I promise measurements and pics of all babies!

I CANNOT thank you all enough for ALWAYS being here for us!

I met a woman, Michelle, at a pet store yesterday. She overheard Jeremy and I discussing Batman and the poor babies' living conditions at the store. She was so sweet. She said she had recently purchased her SECOND beardie from this same store as the first one she brought home from there had recently passed and her daughter was heart broken.

I immediately offered her my phone # and she accepted. I then texted her this site, links to care sheet, lighting, nutritional charts. Jeremy and I almost thought we were going to get kicked out as each time the employer told her what sand or mealworms to buy, we would tell her not to listen and walked her through the store showing her what her beardie ACTUALLY needed.

She had the first baby (by instruction of employees) on sand, red night light, eating mealworms, bowl of water, incorrect UVB.

She texted me last night to thank us again and signed up here and started reading. It was SUCH a good feeling thinking that this new baby has a wonderful chance and her daughter won't lose another pet. I told her how to give warm soaks and Jeremy gave her the card of the people we order our dubia from. Explained calcium w/D3, multivitamins, mounting the UVB in the tank, taking proper temps and what to use.

This place had helped immensely with both Batman and Flash and the first thing I did was send her here. Turns out she's 15 minutes away and if she needs any hands on help we told her never hesitate to ask :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's great of you to help Michelle, it's always tough when the pet shop gives such bad info and as a result the baby dies. It happens more often than you know. I'm always after the manager of the pet shop where I get my bugs to take better care of the beardie babies and caught them on wood chips the other day, sought him out and told him, if he wants to sell healthy babies to get them on butcher paper or paper towels. Told him the wood chips cause an irritation in Titan's vent and he bled for about a month after every poop when I brought him home. That's healed up now, but still, it's not fair to future owners. And they don't give them good info either, but after 7 years of telling them what they need to sell, I've given up on that part, for now.

I'm so glad that Batman is finally eating. I'd still give him a small slurry in the evening just to keep him healthy, as he needs the extra boost for a little while, but otherwise, he's GREAT! Looking forward to pics!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So, just one live feeder but supplemented with the slurry in the evening. He looks great and he grew! He's 14.5 inches, or slightly longer...stinky wanted to run like a madman and I just didn't have the heart to make him lay still enough/long enough.

He's such a GOOD boy. Flash...decided no more bowl feeding. He's now a man and will only hunt his food down. He scared us, went a day without eating. Chalked it up to shedding...then Jeremy thought he'd just drop a dubia or two in and that boy was off and running! It made us both happy :) he's acting by all means the way he should be and is growing wonderfully.

I, once again had to miss out on playtime with one of the three so I didn't get Flash pics. I'll get him tomorrow. Right now I have Batman playtime and Vraska hang out time!

Batman running wild:

null_zpsfdaf4fd8.jpg

Pondering all his beardie thoughts?

null_zps417b07cb.jpg

Loving on his daddy:

null_zps0e273e39.jpg

They've just got this connection...

null_zpsff3427af.jpg

Someone's got some sexy legs ;)

null_zps37d55e29.jpg

Then up the hand, over the shoulder, and down daddy's back, Batman was off to save the world!

null_zpse12880bd.jpg

Vraska: "Excuse me, foster family? It seems as though I've tipped my water again. I'll just wait here while you fetch me some more."

null_zps69f87b4b.jpg

Still waiting...

null_zps9cf07e9e.jpg

She then waited and watched right here while I cleaned it out and got her fresh water to soak in. At least we can all rest assured knowing she too is spioled. No worries there. They allllll get what they want.

null_zps08a5ad5b.jpg

Finally decided it was to her liking and took her soak ;)

null_zps58b5958d.jpg

All is well! Kids' last night before school routines!! Aaaahhhh!!!!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yay Batman, eating all those dubias, what a good boy. :D You can see in his face that he has matured into quite the handsome guy. Love the action shots, you can tell by looking in his eyes that he was having a ball and was quite full of himself. :mrgreen: You can also see the connection that he & Jeremy have, too cute.

That's awesome that Flash is enjoying chasing dubias now, that must make you feel better.

Vraska is adorable too, talk about waiting patiently for the water refill. :p

Have you thought about entering Batman in the Bearded Dragon calendar that Alex (the Admin) makes up & sells every year? If not, you should. :wink: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=197473

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Batman is quite handsome. I'm so glad he's eating live feeders again! Vraska looks very content. Remember to wake the kids early tomorrow so they can get to sleep on time. I so struggle with that. :angry5:

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So, Saturday Batman had 14 dubia through the day. Only one yesterday, I supplemented last night. Today he's up to 10 dubia so far :)

I think Vraska just has to get used to her surroundings at her foster home. Since the first couple days she's eaten just fine on the schedule provided by her mom (Liz).

Flash only quit the live feeders for a day, but struck us as completely odd as he's basically a garbage disposal. Knowing Vraska (our foster baby) only hunts her food Jeremy tried with Flash and it seems he, too just wants to hunt. So..right now everyone is eating live feeders on their own. Maybe not as many or as often or even HOW we'd like but...they're all doing it!

As for getting the kids up early...that failed. Couldn't drag my own butt out of bed!

They're both SO excited to go tomorrow that I'm pretty sure they'll be fine. It's poor me who suffers! Haha! Buh-bye 6am, hello 5am :( I'll be getting up and having myself 100% ready, all 3 reptiles good to go, waking Hailey, getting breakfast for two kids, seeing one out to the bus stop, heading to work, open house for Keegan at 2. Then Wednesday same deal but Keegan will put in his 12:30-3:00 day for the first "full" preschool day.

Then the weekend is here before we know it???

I've read about the calendar and thought about it. There are a lot of "rules" and my only form of Internet, pictures, all that jazz is done right here on my phone. We'll see though. If I can fully understand the do and do not of the whole thing, I'll give it a shot!

Still hoping Batman goes beyond 10 dubia today. Watching closely!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's good to know his appetite is getting better, it's a good sign.

Glad your kids are excited about going to school, but sorry it's an earlier day for you!

As for the calendar, I just send it what I take and Alex is good about making the changes needed to get them in the calendar. He'll let you know if there is a problem. So just pick out the best and email then as noted!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
All my pictures Insent in were frim my phone so it probably means I will only get into the small pics which is fine. I sent mine to Alex forever ago and he never e-mailed me back saying size and what not was impossible to use so you should e good. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom