Razz ate some collard greens! AND SO DID KAZI! yippee MissT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Row now LOL

OK, such a simple thing but I needed to share :mrgreen:
Short version; He is just bouncing back from a lot of meds and not eating...now he is eating (just not his dubias yet *sigh*) and although we are *supposed* to put greens in the viv everyday *in case*, I decided to go a week w/o doing that (OK, disclaimer; I am *not* recommending this, it is just what *I* did :mrgreen: ).

He sleeps with a green blanket and 2 mornings ago he began biting it and trying to chew it...so, I put collard pieces in there.
He has branches in there and I put them on the branches....~~Wham~~ gobbled about 5 or 6 good bites, one after another.

Then again this morning I did the same thing and he did eat some...not as many, but he came down from basking to eat some!
I think I will forget the bowl for now and just let him think he is eating from a tree :mrgreen: LOL

So...for those of you who, like me, thought your beardie would never eat a real green (Razz would eat fake plants or green cloth, but not real food...which is why I don't have fake plants in his viv lol) have hope. Razz would not even look at them lol.

I do have to say, however, that while he was sick I blended greens and fed them via syringe hoping he would grow fond of the taste. He loved them that way but would not eat them any other way.

Thanks for letting me share this bit of victory...hopefully it will continue!

~Sherri

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yay! I'm glad for you Sherri!

It's a step in the name of progress, and should be shared!!

-Brandon

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
That is awesome!!! It IS a big step! You give me hope, ha! Im working with Blue on it now....im VERY hapy for you both!!!
yay!
:blob5:
~Em

MissT

BD.org Addict
HOORAY!!!! I was so frustrated today when Kazi ate 2 pieces and I had noone to share it with!

I also did the 'no greens in the viv' thing for a week or so (more because we werent sure if Kazi's sickness was brought on by an allergy/chemical on them and wanted to allow his system to rest) Iv been putting a few pieces in every other day for the past couple of weeks and today was the first that he took some.... im actually at the point now where I count how many pieces I put in his bowl so I know if he takes any when im not looking yes, I know, I am a freak Anyway, enough of my rambling about Kazi.

Hooray for Razz! Hopefully he continues to eat lots of collards! :blob5:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
MissT":10un5r13 said:
Dont encourage me, Brandon- I will just start rambling about my beardies and how Kazi ate 2 pieces of salad today!!! Oops.. Am I going off topic again hehe!

Priceless Christina! :mrgreen: :lol:

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
claudiusx":337ngdbt said:
MissT":337ngdbt said:
Dont encourage me, Brandon- I will just start rambling about my beardies and how Kazi ate 2 pieces of salad today!!! Oops.. Am I going off topic again hehe!

Priceless Christina! :mrgreen: :lol:

-Brandon

I told you!!!!! I hijack them all!! I have now managed to mention Kazi eating salad on 4 different threads - only one of which was Kazi's actual thread lol! Look, here I go again talking about him.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Haha its really funny.

Oh well it just shows how good of a beardie mama you are.

-Brandon

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHARE! That is the name of any thread I start! I don't ever want to be the one to finish my thread, I will leave that to others!

*so, thank goodness for Christina and Brandon, I won't ever have to worry about that :mrgreen:

I did not post about Razz eating greens yesterday BECAUSE I wanted to see if he would do it again today...........he did and I nearly ran into the wall to get to the computer this morning to post. ARGGGG! I am certain my squeel froze my dubia colony.

So...Christina...I know exactly how you felt! LOL
Except, really, it is more important that Kazi eats his greens so I think I needed to change my subject line in reflection of that :mrgreen:

Sherri

MissT

BD.org Addict
Sherri":3cyhthdf said:
So...Christina...I know exactly how you felt! LOL
Except, really, it is more important that Kazi eats his greens so I think I needed to change my subject line in reflection of that

Hehe, Sherri, this has made me giggle!

Thank you for including Kazi in your celebration of greens :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom