Razor hasn't pooped in a month...HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Beardie, Razor, hasn't pooped in almost a month. We've been giving him warm baths, feeding him plum baby food, olive oil and a mixture of plum baby food, olive oil and honey. He doesn't feel impacted. His cage is properly heated, though the thermometers are about 5 years old. He's active, alert and eating but no poop. I'm getting worried. Do I need to rush him to the vet? What else can I try?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....is he on a loose substrate like sand ? As long as you're sure that he didn't swallow something like that [ in or out of the tank ] then he will eventually go. Keep up what you're doing, and try putting him on the floor in a very warm room for a bit of a run around, that sometimes works. He is probably going to go any day now. A warmer than usual bath can help too.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
A month is a very long time. How is the animal eating?
Frequent long soaks in warm water. It usually stimulates a bowel movement. It wouldn't hurt to give a cc or two of mineral oil.

MyAngelLokki

Original Poster
He POOPED! Right before I took him to the vet for this problem. Sneeaky little dragon :)
He's now on an olive oil regiment to keep him regular. He's still being stubborn but he's okay for now. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom