raw meat produsts for cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lele

Hatchling Member
Hi,

have not posted for a long time... Darwin in a nutshell:
>6 1/2 years old Citrus translucent (neither I nor the breeder knew he was a trans until I got him).
>Almost always been a poor doer except when very young, my guess is adenovirus.
>Feeding is a real chore will rarely eat veggies other than via baby food :-/
>I got a free sample of Nature Variety's Instinct Raw Frozen Chicken for Cats yesterday
>I am feeding it to my rescued snapping turtle and as Darwin, once again, refused his morning meal I wonder if it would be safe to offer him some. Not sure if he will even accept it but at least it might be a way to get some protein, calcium AND even some veggies in him. If you look at the link it details the ingredients, etc. I would assume that since it is safe for cats it would be "safe" for other animals. Snappers can eat just about anything!

thanks!
lele & Darwin

Gail

BD.org Addict
I don't see any ingredients that would harm Darwin (I remember him, he was the first trans I ever saw). It does have spinach in it which isn't good for reptiles but it doesn't look like there is much.

lele

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Really? That's sweet considering I so rarely post anymore. Well, not much has changed, he can be tedious at times :( but he's my boy! Got him at 2 1/2 months!

I volunteer at a reptile rescue and there was A BEARDIE THERE ON sATURDAY THAT WAS ALL PLUMP AND HEALTHY LOOKING (oops, caps!) and I came home to my scrawny boy. If anyone saw him, who didn't know his history, they wold think HE belonged in a rescue!

Thanks for the opinion on the food. That is how I feel and will offer him a small piece of the one I am thawing for Wellie.

:)

lele

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That sure goes back! I didn't post to the beardie forum all that much, then again maybe I did in the beginning, I was on the chameleon forum for years!...did you go by Gail? Was it the beardie forum or another? Who is/was your dragon?

I recently re-connected with the woman I got Darwin from and she was surprised he's still alive :-/ His brother died at about a year and a half or two and weighed less than 100g, actually, I think it was a lot less. I am glad I picked this guy - he is very special to me :-D

Gail

BD.org Addict
Yep, I went by Gail on the beardie forum. My dragon was Torque but he died around 2 yrs old. I remember that Torque and Darwin were only a few days apart in age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom