Rapid Decline for my Bearded Dragon- help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwizceb

My beardie has become lethargic (way more than during brumation), beard is swollen and black.
Tried a 30 minute soak and no change.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Earliest appointment I could get is in 7 days. Going to try to get an urgent visit ASAP but looking for experienced help here!

Actually it is his neck that is swollen but beard, neck, and “shoulders” are black. This has all happened in 12 hours.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of your boy you could post?
Yes, I agree, it isn't brumation if his beard is black. Where on his neck is swollen? It sounds
like he is definitely in distress.
This came on suddenly?
For now, go ahead & be sure he stays out of his hide/cave if he was brumating. Have you
been able to get any food or fluids into him?

Tracie

Cwizceb

Original Poster
Having a hard time uploading photo!
Haven’t gotten fluids in, felt like I had to hold his head up during bath. Definite swelling in the neck, on each side but one is worse. Very sudden, and he hadn’t been out of his cage in the 24-36 hours prior.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get rid of the red light-------------- dragons like it cool and dark to sleep and the red light is disturbing his sleep -- since hes not feeling well I would suggest you get a CHE and use that to keep the temps a little warmer at night --- Ceramic heat emitter has no lights just heat ----- what are you using for a UVB ??? NO coils please and basking temps how are you taking them and what are they? So stick ons you need a digital probe thermometer

Cwizceb

Original Poster
Thanks to the folks who posted. Sad to report Lizzy did not make it to morning. Heavy hearts.
Grateful we had him for almost eight years, which seems pretty long based on other posts I have read.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
:cry: Sorry to hear about him ----- NO more colored bulbs please -- those are hazardous to a dragons health

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH I am so sorry LIzzy did not make it. :cry: Losing your dragon so suddenly is emotionally
traumatic I am sorry. He was not alone & knew that you loved him. Based on the pictures,
usually that type of swelling, it was probably renal or liver issues which were causing the eye
swelling.
My sincere condolences.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm so sorry to hear about Lizzy, you guys really tried to get him help but in his condition it was not going to make a difference. :( I agree with Drache613 that it was some type of organ failure, it can come on very quickly . And while a colored bulb is not good for beardie's it wouldn't have anything at all to do with Lizzy's death. My heart goes out to you, take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom