* * * Rankin or just really small beardie????? * * *

Status
Not open for further replies.

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
I got this beardie at an april reptile show thats is 6 months old in 8 days! It is a female. Is this beardie just growing slow or could it be a rankin? one of my other beardies is only 5months and is 15 inches she is 6 months and is only 11inches! I have all proper heating and uva and uvb combined bulb i feed her crickets everyday and greens like crazy! what does everyone think???

PICT1124.jpg

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
A tiny bit hard to tell from the pic.Can you post one showing the back and the tail primarily?Going off that picture I would say not a Rankins but a clearer pic of the scales and patterns on the back and tail would be better to get a definate answer.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Thats a bit better.She definately has some Rankins in her.The pattern and scale formations are there.I cant say for sure if she 100% or a 50/50 mix though from that pic.The head is shaped more like vitticeps so I am guessing she may be a mix of the two.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
She sure is adorable. :love5:
I better not let Bender see her. :lol: She's just his size. I have a very small beardie he is not a Rankins but he is only about an inch an a half longer than your little girl and he's almost 10 months old.

arenaburch2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lol yeah i dont know i was hoping more people would post more. Thats amazing do you have any pictures?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I haven't really seen any Rankin's up close and personal...seen them at the NARBC reptile show. I've always like miniture things so I find the Rankin's to be very interesting.

Bender is not a Rankin's just very small...he is Beardie #9 in this link but there are more updated pic's in the later pages of this thread too. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=99751

yea i agree with vickson420 it looks to have some rankins in there but not fully 100 percent somehwere along the bloodlines it migth have it soo 50/50 i'de say

gorgeous dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom