Raising a rock safely

Status
Not open for further replies.

theclub83

Hatchling Member
I hoping to get some ideas to get this rock to about 8" from the UVB light and need suggestions on how to do so. Safety is key
1259368882894.jpg

right now its about 15" away
1259368900241.jpg

the rock itself is about 14" long and as heavy as you would expect.
1259368915654.jpg

First thing i thought of was more rocks under it to bring it up but im hoping to make my life as easy as possible when cleaning out the viv, so basically the more heavy things = bad. Bricks sound a little sketchy to me as well plus it would creat a space under the rock (which im all for if its 100% sturdy and safe). Any advise for a light weight/safe way to make this happen?

thx.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Either use bricks to raise it up (or even use the bricks to make a little cave with that flat rock being the roof) or get a different rock/branch lol. Would your beardie even be able to get up onto the rock if you raised it?

-Brandon

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
I have the same type of rock and used bricks to kill two birds with one stone haha makes a cave and basking spot. and if you layer the bricks right you can make them into steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom