Rabbit food for flooring?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serg82

Original Poster
Well for one, it makes fro easier cleaning, and makes the dragon room smell fresher....Ive done research on it, and I find little if any bad reviews on it for bedding....Plus, the local pet shop uses it, and they breed Dragons, and know what they are talking about...Believe me I know, Ive tested them already....It just seems like its a fresher easier tool...Im trying it out and see how it works..All my dragons are already trained to eat from a bowl, so I dont see impaction as a threat.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I use alfalfa in Dudley's digging box, but it would be nasty to use it for the whole enclosure IMO.

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
claudiusx":3pq9uwuj said:
I would never use that to be honest.

-Brandon

Me either. I wouldn't worry more about the impaction issue then sanitary issues. It is food, and it smells like food. They will eat it eventually and the poo and pee in it. They are your animals and you don't have to listen to any of us. I am sure your local pet shop knows what they are doing...

Just like a lot of mom and pop stores that have their dragons under no uvb, eat romaine lettuce and feed mealworms...but its all ok, because they breed bearded dragons and know everything. :banghead:

Serg82

Original Poster
Ive seen it being uses with plenty of breeders...Just never though of actually trying it out...Why would it be disgusting?....Personally I think it better than using newspaper, which in my opinion is disgusting.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just because someone can hatch an egg, doesn't mean they should be listened to.
To be honest, it is extremely easy to have your dragon bred, put the eggs in the inucbator, and wait for them to hatch.

Just because they are a breeder doesn't mean they are necessarily right.

That stuff molds really easily, and would harbor bacteria like crazy.

-Brandon

Gail

BD.org Addict
Have you ever seen what rabbit pellets do when they get wet? Its nasty and smells like wet hay, its gross.

Serg82

Original Poster
Well my decision is definitely not based on the petshop, but thats not to dis-credit them from their knowledge...The only thing they have ever done wrong is sell me a 5.0 instead of a 10.0 uv bulb....but they have been relevant for over 15 years....And Ive never been disappointed with their animal care...Hell they carry Dubia, and hornworms, and treat their dragons with love!!...Good shop..Im gonna be using this, and hosently Id rather smell this then their poop on newspaper when I get back from work... thats for sure..But like I said, Ill try it out, if I do see it being a problem later on Ill change it....I love my animals, and Id do what I can to comfort them...they seem to love it so...

Serg82

Original Poster
claudiusx":3b6ywolx said:
Just because someone can hatch an egg, doesn't mean they should be listened to.
To be honest, it is extremely easy to have your dragon bred, put the eggs in the inucbator, and wait for them to hatch.

Just because they are a breeder doesn't mean they are necessarily right.

That stuff molds really easily, and would harbor bacteria like crazy.

-Brandon

Mold?...Im sure....If youre a lazy person that doesnt clean their area everyday....Its dry for the most part if not all the time!!..Mold?...yeah if you dont clean, I dont see mold or bacteria being an issue under the dragons conditions...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It won't stay dry once your dragon poo's on it.

You would have to replace it so often it would be a big money sink. As compared to paying 12$ for tile in a tank that you will never have to replace.

Trust me, it will get moldy, harbor bacteria, and stink.

-Brandon

Serg82

Original Poster
claudiusx":23famarf said:
It won't stay dry once your dragon poo's on it.

You would have to replace it so often it would be a big money sink. As compared to paying 12$ for tile in a tank that you will never have to replace.

Trust me, it will get moldy, harbor bacteria, and stink.

-Brandon

Appreciate your advice, I'll definitely keep an eye out..as far as money wise I get this so cheap thats not even an issue..but thanks yall....All your opinions are definitely taken into consideration.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good, sometimes I get worried when someone asks for an opinion and then they get mad when people say something other than what they want to hear.

I am glad you are taking the responses as opinions and not as us ganging up on you, because we are not trying to do that! :mrgreen:

After all, it is your decision, but I would just be careful and watch it close. You won't be able to do anything about the bacteria problem, because once a dragon poos the bacteria will spread through the pellets pretty fast, but you most likely can control the mold and what not. But either way, I wouldn't want my dragons eating it.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom