Rabbit cage for Gladstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He loves it! He can climb up and get tickled under his chin any time he wants. I built a kind of jungle gym inside so he can bask properly. The "gym" is based on an upturned dish-drainer and he can crawl through it on the floor to be private if he wants. The cage is nice and WIDE so better than the standard 12" terrarium. Probably will have to go back to the regular viv when the temp drops in the house.

cira204

Good idea, is it an All-Wire rabbit cage?
I didnt even think of that! I should try it (if thats they type of cage our using) Just make a solid pan for her to walk on on the floor.... I have lots of those cages around (my mom breeds French Lop bunnies) :)

Would work really nice for "outdoor basking"

Mrs. Tiggywinkle

Original Poster
The cage is all wire - plastic - except for the base which is 3" deep. It has a solid bottom and I put in his plastic washable shelf liner which he's used to. I like the access, the door at the front. Easy to put food in and lift him out for his tours of thehouse. Probably great for outdoor basking unless a cat can get a paw in. My cats are afraid of Mighty Gladstone so it's not an issue. I really like the width. He can sleep fascing any direction without kinking his tail.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Great idea!

The only thing I would be concerned about is the wires being so big that a beardie could get their head between them and hang themselves. I had a hamster (a panda-bear, cutest thing ever) try to climb up under the wire shelf in her wire cage, and she slipped and the shelf fell back in place and she hung herself. There was blood everywhere, and her mouth was all bloody; it looked like she'd tried to chew the bars away and worked her teeth out. :cry: It was soooo awful.

I use an old cage as a outside cage to soak up some rays.... Cameron loves it, i just put some news paper on the bottom, a few logs, water dish, its perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom