Quick tile question

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper31

Hatchling Member
I read on a previous post to put paper towel as substrate for babies so they don't slide while they learn to hunt. Lil' Miss is about 5 months old & is pretty good on the hunt now. Can I change her over to tile or should I wait a bit longer?

Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can change her to tile if you want. You could have as a baby too.
I've never heard of not giving babies tile because they will slide around on it as they hunt.

As long as your not using a super smooth tile your fine.

-Brandon

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i went to home depot and felt up all the tiles until i found one that was closer to slate.

casper31

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So being a dragon mama has brought me to feelin' up tile at the hardware store...lol. That is awesome! :D
Ok. I'll go look at what's available tomorrow. The pet store and Lowe's are side by side. And if I remember correctly sealant has to be water-based? I'm not really good at the whole house project stuff. :)

Thanks again for all the help guys! It is much appreciated.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wait what do you need the sealant for?

Are you planning on grouting the tiles into the tank?

-Brandon

casper31

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, I actually would rather not. But I wasn't sure if I had to worry about water in the cracks during the week if I gave them a quick wipe down or spot cleaned before the weekly cleaning. Like I said...not really industrious that way. I wasn't really sure.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Oh no you don't have to grout your tiles in.

I prefer them not grouted, that way if one tile gets poo'd on, I can easily take the tile out and sanitize it and place it back in.

-Brandon

casper31

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I bought my tiles today and will be putting them in her home tomorrow after work. I'm so excited! I hope Lil' Miss likes it! I'll post some pics tomorrow of the new digs. :)

Thanks again!!

casper31

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So the home remodel is done.

I love it....

Lil' Miss...not so much. lol...this is right after I put her in. I kept her up a bit late, she had a home remodel, and a bath. I made her quite mad this evening :)
newtile.jpg

remodel.jpg

ChrisMiller

Hatchling Member
Planning on using tile in my new enclosure too. Not sure i would leave it un-grouted though. The whole reason for me doing it is to have less cleanup, not more. So I plan on at least caulking in between my tiles.

casper31

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, I thought about that as well. I decided I rather be able to pull them out. Grout and sealants get nasty over time, too. I just would rather wipe everything down as needed and then pull out all the tiles every couple weeks and sanitize all of it. If it gets nastier than I think, maybe I'll change my mind. :) But between fish tanks and litter boxes I figure what the heck. So far Lil' Miss has been the easiest to clean up after by far. The only thing that kinda sicks me out is the phoenix worms...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom