quick dusitng question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinko562

Hatchling Member
quick question i have a 3 months old BD at 11inches now shes fine. but when i first got her i read online on a couple of care sites to dust baby BD every meal (which i have been) and when they get older to do it maybe 3-5 times a week. but on a couple of forums ive seen alot people saying not to dust baby BD every day and to dust every other day (i dust every meal like i read) pretty much the way youd dust for adult BD like i said my BD is fine just wanna know which is the right way for dusting?

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
hello

babies and juvies need live food dusted 1 feed per day, 5 times a week with calcium and dusted 1 feed per day, 2 times per week with multivitamins- thats what most and people on here advise. I used to dust mon-fri with calcium and sat / sun with vitamins, that ways its easier to remember. Hope this helps :D

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
It is calcium dust 1 meal 5x per week and dust with vitamins 1 meal the other 2 days per week. Hope that helps :D

Do you have pics of your baby beardie? :D

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
that is a easy schedule and helps to remember but what if the dust im using is calcium and multi vitamin?

other then the pic i have as my user pic i dont have any others that pic was taken 2 weeks agon 3 days before my camera broke i have pics on my phone but its a hassle to transfer it to my computer then upload it haha but ill do it tonight when i get home though

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
just thining about it im kinda freaking myself out! :shock: your only suppose to dust once a day i do it twice a day and so thats 14 dusted meals a week thats dusted :oops: .. i needa start studying some more! :study: hope i havent harmed her in anyway... i know 11inches is a little above average for a 2months 3 week old dragon... i thought it was mainly due to the power sun bulb i use or can it be from all that extra calcium/vitamins?

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
sinko562":1owmu4th said:
just thining about it im kinda freaking myself out! :shock: your only suppose to dust once a day i do it twice a day and so thats 14 dusted meals a week thats dusted :oops: .. i needa start studying some more! :study: hope i havent harmed her in anyway... i know 11inches is a little above average for a 2months 3 week old dragon... i thought it was mainly due to the power sun bulb i use or can it be from all that extra calcium/vitamins?

Don't worry, when i first got my beardie i was told to dust every meal so i did for the first month or so....i cut back to 1 meal per day when i found out on here, it hasn't done my beardie any harm. That is a big baby but all beardies differ in size- rather bigger than small and skinny :D

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i consider her to be on the skinny size lol yeah shes long but still a baby so still looks skinny lol

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
sinko562":23lvmzd1 said:
harmed her in anyway... i know 11inches is a little above average for a 2months 3 week old dragon... i thought it was mainly due to the power sun bulb i use or can it be from all that extra calcium/vitamins?

Not to worry...our guy is 10 weeks old today and a scant over 11" so he is around normal :D

I have read where many have done the every meal dusting a while just as Cat did :)D) without problems. I think it takes a lot of calcium over quite a bit of time to overdose/overload.

Enjoy!

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I dust the multivitamins with the calcium so they can absorb the calcium better. I do like dust the preys with the multivitamins 2 times a week and calcium about 3-5 times week, so I would dust the crickets with the vitamins for 2 days with the calcium and then an extra day or 3 extra days with just calcium alone. With the younger bearded I dust the prey with calcium about 5 times a week and 3 times a week for the older one. They get some vitamin D3 with the multivitamins so they can absorb the calcium better; that's why I dust the prey with the calcium and vitamins at the same time.

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well what should i do because my power that i bought is multi vit. and calcium should i buy them seperate then?

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sherri":1ucp1e0j said:
Hi,
It is calcium dust 1 meal 5x per week and dust with vitamins 1 meal the other 2 days per week. Hope that helps :D

Do you have pics of your baby beardie? :D

2011-06-11_172032.jpg

2011-06-11_171840.jpg

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
on her tail that white piece sticking up is some skin shes shedding right now her tail actually goes to back of the glass and curls a bit down the platform now that i look at the pick her tail and the cord for the prob kinda blends together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom