Questions on head posture and defecation habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

premammalian

Hatchling Member
I have seen too many dragons in photos, and from any dragons I have seen in person, I noticed that they often point their head straight up. Why they do it? Does it mean anything? They will be resistant to repositionning, that is, if I gently push their head to go down, they will stubbornly keep it straight up or at least on a 45 degree angle. Only if I raise them vertical they will straighten their head.
Also, what are their defecation habits? How often do they defecate if fed in the standard daily or every two days interval? How many feces do they produce per defecation? And how are they? I have read conflicting information, with others saying they are hard and consistent, others that there is a risk of the dragon walking on them and making a mess. I have also read that when they drink a lot of water or eat high moisture foods, they come out with liquid urine around them. What is the best feeding and watering regimen that will result in dry feces yet maintain adequate hydration? Thank you very much.

It sounds like it's Stargazing. I would contact a vet about that. I was looking on the Internet for things relating to my beardies " sleep sitting" and came across the stargazing position where a beardy will stand with its front legs straight up, head tilted back so it's nose points straight up. Personally never seen it before but the web has a lot of images. If it's not that tilted, then I would say it's normal.. They normally have their nose tilted up a degree when awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom