questions ((im new))

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixismimeixi

alright stress marks, what do they look like and where are they (pix are great))

i have a 3month old and he is like 10 inches, what would be the heat temp im looking for, i have an acu-rite therm, on both hot and cold sides.

and feeding: he isnt eating quite enough, well not as much as a friend of mines is, i put crickets and mealworms and greens in and he just wont have it. he looks great bright red and orange and runs around, he gets his daily baths, and gets out all the time. i have a reptisun 10.0 uvb he is in a 20 gal long and he is on carpet. and i have a 75watt heat on him.

thanks for all your help!
Shannon

ixismimeixi

Original Poster
and what do you guys think about this instead of having a long uvb and a heat lamp?

ixismimeixi":892ac said:
and what do you guys think about this instead of having a long uvb and a heat lamp?

I dont really trust those things. i stick to my tube lights and spot lights. i am very happy with my cages and so are those living in them lol so wouldnt be trying it out soon

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
In regards to your powersun...

DOn't get that brand get Megaray

http://www.reptileuv.com
It's one of the best things out, I use it for my dragon and my tortoise.
A certain member here has used it for all her rescues and they all become healthy once she gets her hands into them.
I have been with the megaray for over a year now and had nothing but successs.

GarinGazelle

Hatchling Member
100_1209stress%20marks.jpg

stress marks. There can be a lot more lines though. like this

Archiestressmarks.jpg

BUT, its not always stress that brings them out. With im guessing about 99% of beardies, these "stress marks" also come out when basking. Its nothing, dont worry about it.

Hi i'm building my beardies enclosure i was going to use the mercury vapour bulb but changed my mind after what happened to my sisters mercury vapour bulb. Her first MVB only lasted a month then blew, Her second one only lasted lasted 2 weeks and it blew. It was the aussie sun mercury vapour bulb from http://www.herpshop.com.au/ . So i've decided i'm going the basking bulb and uvb tube.

Cheryllmw

I am new to this site and have found some wonderfully helpful info but now I am in a panic. We have a very sick beardie and I don't know what to do.We just got my son a beardie for his 12th birthday and began noticing a few problems a couple of weeks ago. We got him in March, he is approximately 13 inches in length. He was purchased from a reputable exotic animal store in town. We think we have his cage set up correctly. He is in a 40gal long with two UVB bulbs, one long tube and one coil as well as a heat basking lamp. He is being treated for worms as well as MBD. My concern is today he wouldn't eat and began to have tremors. He is lethargic and still can't raise his body off the sand when he walks....we fed him Gerber chicken baby food mixed with Pedialyte along with his calcium gluconate drops the vet gave us. He pooped today and we put him in the tub to soak since he isn't drinking well. I am off to the store in the morning to by a brighter basking light and to replace his tube light....what else can I do to help this poor little thing or is he beyond that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom