Questions about worms, parasites in my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

lixm

Today (and only today) I noticed some small white worms in Frank's poop, which otherwise looked normal. I didn't take a picture, which was stupid of me, but this picture is pretty much what they looked like: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/gallery/14476/14476_181641_090000000.jpg I've read that these are likely pinworms.

There weren't many, maybe only like 3 of them in there, and today is the first day I've seen them in his poop. I'm pretty sure I would've noticed if they were there before, maybe I didn't, but I would think.

Should I get him to the vet immediately or anything? I'm rather short on money right now, so if I can avoid a vet visit, I'd like to. Is there anything I can give him over-the-counter or by home remedy? If he needs to go to the vet, though, I'll manage. Thanks :)

Edit: I feel like I should mention that Frank seems totally healthy otherwise...no lethargy or lack of appetite as of late. The only thing that's a symptom of pinworms that he might have is weight loss, though I don't think he's lost weight, he's just skinny. I got him that way and he has yet to put on weight.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
http://vetafarm.com.au/product/coccivet/ or something similar maybe .

I have never needed to treat my lizards for parasitic worm investations, but I think you need to have the dragon seen by the vet to get a proper treatment as there are different worms and they need different drugs to get rid of them.
From what I've read, Coccivet works OK on beardies but they can get tummy upsets while and after being treated with the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessicaruth2001
Top Bottom