Questions about our new eggs...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Hi well Jub-Jub finally laid her eggs :) So happy she is alright. She laid them last night and laid 11 very big eggs. I'm still suprised by their size.
A quick run down of how things are set up they were all taken out as laid and you could clearly see a large red spot with red squiggles branching off the spot. They were placed in small sandwich tubs 1/2 filled with vermeculite (sp) they were placed in a thumb print size spot and taken out of the tank as laid which ended up being red spot up. The vermeculite is moist to the touch but not soaked. They are in a hovabator incubator and the temp has been right at 84 the humidity the best I can get is 70-75% I have the chambers in the bottom filled and we also laid a wet cloth inside (on the wire grate) The dishes the eggs are in have 5 pencil size holes drilled in them and the lids are just resting on top of the dishes and not snapped on. I do have a few questions one about the humdity this morning we had 5 that had very slight dents. I added some small amounts of water to the tubs which seems to have helped the eggs are looking more plump but not completly back to normal. How can I get the humidity up is it strickly by adding the water as I did? What about my temps are they ok? Also I would like to know one of the eggs looks great other than a very tiny yellow spot on the outside, top of the egg. It looks as if it could be yolk? Has anyone ever had this? If it is in fact yolk is the egg bad? What should I do about that egg. I hope that I have given any and all of the vital information so that anyone can help. I greatly appreciate it. Oh and last do you allow your mama to bury the eggs and then you unbury them when she is done or do you remove her asap? I have read tons of articles and have read it done both ways so I'm just curious. We allowed her to bury them .Thanks :)

Hey...it's me. Try putting the wet cloth on top of the sandwich containers. I think the closer to the heat the better. Let me know if it works.

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardedmama":9a2af said:
Hey...it's me. Try putting the wet cloth on top of the sandwich containers. I think the closer to the heat the better. Let me know if it works.

Will they still be able to get air? Have you read or heard about the one I described with the egg yolk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom