Questions about my dubias..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxerphax

Hatchling Member
Okay I have had my dubias for exactly 5 and a half months. THey have only eaten greens and fruit maybe 5 times in that whole time. THey eat roach chow and water crystals as their main diet. I have never seperated or counted them but I have watched in the night when i barely put food in that night they all come running and LOTS of them. My question is how do you know if you have enough to start feeding? I have seen alot of little nymphs and all that. I am sick of buying crickets. My beardy gets sick of them in 3 days after buying and the crickets just die like crazy. They smell horrible. I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTEEEEE THEM! They are tiny, ugly, and dirty. At least the roaches dont stink like ass, sweat and poop. THey also dont die left and right if I dont feel like cleaning the d*mn cage. So i need to know am I ready in 5 in a half months? Id say I have 300 maybe more.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
How many did you start out with? and how many breeding pairs, if any, did you have at the beggining, and how many mama roaches do you have?

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
The reason it matters is because, the more breeding pairs the more you got the next month and the month after. For example, say i have 6 females, the the next month that equates to about 120 baby nyphms. And then youll have more maturing the next month, so then if you get 6 the next month, youll have 12 mama roaches having babies. that would be 240. And pretty soon, youll be getting the population to grow in exponents.

foolsgold

Hatchling Member
Shake your cartons out (what ever you have in there for the roaches to climb on) take out the water crystals and dump everything to one side of the bin. You'll be able to get a good idea of how many roaches you have then. IDK but would like to find out from those that feed roaches, how many dose your average adult dragon eat a day? (adolescent?) If you have, imo, 10-15 momma roaches at least I would say it would be safe to feed off of.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
Most people reccomend atleast 30 because thats about a 1000 dubias a month, and thats what juvie beardies eat. Adults shoudnt eat too much cause they should be a bit more vegitarian when their older.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
Most people reccomend atleast 30 because thats about a 1000 dubias a month, and thats what juvie beardies eat. Adults shoudnt eat too much cause they should be a bit more vegitarian when their older.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom